Google Maps is Already the Most Popular Free iPhone App

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

google sure has some amazing products, apple is losing ground fast.

hero1

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]pedro_mann[/nom]One can conclude, that of iPhone users who loved this app, none are avid Tom's Hardware Readers?[/citation]

Excuse me but I am an avid TH reader. Perhaps you need to stop generalising. And I love the GMA. Keep it up Google and my next stop is SGIV! Screw you apple I'm going android.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Yay Google Maps! Def a one-up on Apple. I wonder why Google didnt offer all of the features it offered its Droid Maps version before now for iOS?!? Apple stated Google wanted to keep key features from iOS and felt Apple needed to dev its own Maps app. Go figure!

yannigr

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
The application currently has nearly 13,000 reviews and is rated at 4.5 stars. Nearly 11,000 of the reviews carry five star ratings.

So nearly 2000 employees of Apple reviewed Google maps and gave it less than 5 stars.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]fan2[/nom]google sure has some amazing products, apple is losing ground fast.[/citation]
Lets not get crazy now...lol. Its a map app but Google def does have good development going on!

G

"with YouTube and Google Earth taking spots three and four, respectively. Spots two and five are occupied by two games, Fun Run and Interlocked."

Not per the graphic. Looks to me like Angry birds is #3.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Yay Google Maps! Def a one-up on Apple. I wonder why Google didnt offer all of the features it offered its Droid Maps version before now for iOS?!? Apple stated Google wanted to keep key features from iOS and felt Apple needed to dev its own Maps app. Go figure![/citation]

Thanks for pointing that out :) People think Apple did this because they didn't want Google Maps - The Google provided maps app hadn't been updated by Google since iOS 3... It was old and archaic. Google wasn't going to develop and application for a competing platform to Android... The rest is history....

Sent from my Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.