Sounds like the typical price/cost of a phone of that nature. While it's a bit premature to say that this will be the final price of everything (especially considering this only refers to Tmobile) it doesn't really surprise me in any way.
[citation][nom]dbowlin17[/nom]so, im guessing it will run on the t-mobile network or what?[/citation]
It's a GSM phone it will run on any modern GSM network I.E. Tmobile, ATT and 90 percent of the rest of the world.
[citation][nom]ckthecerealkiller[/nom]Sounds like the typical price/cost of a phone of that nature. While it's a bit premature to say that this will be the final price of everything (especially considering this only refers to Tmobile) it doesn't really surprise me in any way.[/citation]
+1. Down the road, this will be about $150-200 max unlocked. Also, realize $500+ is not that uncommon for a high end unlocked phone. The Nokia N97,etc are about $400-500 unlocked.
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]+1. Down the road, this will be about $150-200 max unlocked. citation]
I don't think that's correct. Smart phones are pretty advanced pieces of hardware, due to the level of minaturization, and are not cheap to make. I'm guessing actual manufacturing cost is somewhere near the 5-600$ range, as they usually have the computing power a little below a netbook, and are massively minituarized
When selling an unlocked phone the manufacturer isn't getting any subsidies from the provider (ATT/Verzn), the only income is from the sale itself. For google to ever sell this phone at 200$ would mean either
a) They are loosing massive amounts of money on each phone.
b) They are trying to get rid of obsolete inventory
c) Somehow prices miraculously dropped on the hardware due to other developments.
I'm guessing that smartphone manufacturers do actually take a loss on unlocked phones, simply to increase market penetration, but I doubt that they would ever take a hit that large.
b is a likely scenario, but only after the next gen comes out and only for a little while
c is unlikely, because if some major manufacturing improvement occured then, while prices could drop, the smartphone manufacturers would maintain the price point but seriously increase the quality instead, creating a new gen, which goes back to point b.
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]The hell. I pay $100 A YEAR for my 'pay as you go' cell phone (not smartphone).People are wasting money on this sh!t.[/citation]
I pay $50/year for prepaid. But my phone is 9 years old, and not very "smart."
We are specialized on sales of brand new Electronics Gadgets such as
mobile Iphone,Nikon film camera,Digital camer,Nokia N-series,Laptop,
sealed in company with all the accessories in the box 1 year
international warranty receipt from manufacture company in U.S.A
* HTC HD mini $420
* HTC Desire $400
* HTC Legend $375
* HTC Trophy $365
* HTC Google Nexus One $350
* HTC Smart $320
* HTC HD2 $300
* HTC Pure $270
* HTC Tattoo $220
* HTC Touch2 $200
* Nikon D300s Digital SLR..$920
* Nikon D700..$700
* Nikon D5000?$600
* Nikon D3x. $1,200
* Nikon D40?$600
* Nikon D40x?$700
* Nikon D60 $400
* Nikon D80..$500
* Nikon D90..$550
* Nikon D200?$600
* Nikon D300. $650
* Nikon D3.$600
* Nikon D700 DSLR Camera $800
* Nikon D60 10MP DSLR Digital Camera $130
* Nikon D300 12MP DX Professional DSLR Camera $500
* Nikon D200 10MP Digital Camera Body $450
* Apple iPhone 3G S 32GB $350
* Apple iPhone 3G S 16GB $300
* Apple iPhone 3G 16GB $200
* Apple iPhone 3G 8GB$160
* Canon EOS-1D Mark II-N 8 Megapixel Digital $600
* Canon XL1 Digital Camcorder Kit $400
* Canon EOS 1D Mark II N 8.2MP Digital DSRL Camera $650
* Canon Camera Kit 1234B002 $200
* Canon EOS 30D Digital DSRL Camera & Canon $250
* Canon EOS 400D / Rebel XTi Body Only Digital Camera $140
* Canon Digital Rebel XT / EOS 350D Digital Camera with EF-S 18-55mm Lens $120
* Canon EOS-5D Body Only Digital Camera $300
* Canon EOS Kiss X2 12MP DSLR Camera $220
* Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III 21.1MP DSRL Camera $1500
* Canon EOS 450D 12MP DSLR Camera $300
* Canon EOS 40D 10.1MP DSLR Camera $430
* Canon EOS 5D 12.8 Megapixels DSLR Camera $930
We offer prompt Shipping from OUR Warehouse,Typically the product will
Arrive within 48 Hours Via Either Fedex / Dhl / Ups Courier Services.
NOTE: Shipping Charges are Base On Destination,So when Placing Order
with Us Kindly Include your personal contact number and your Location
Such as State and Zip code.
We strive to have excellent communication customer service.