Google Now Testing Augmented Reality Glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Nope, they still look nerdy, even when disguised by a hot model.

G

...and you think people who talk or text while they drive is a problem...I can't wait until they get ahold of a pair of these....

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Wow, looks nice. Keep the stupid social stuff - I'm hoping this will decouple our computers from their input and output devices. If they integrate motion sensing into this, we'll have any interface we want at any time, with our entire field of vision being the display.

Of course morons will still want to 'check-in' at their local hot dog stand and 'share' their 'tweets' with their 'circles' on 'Pinterest' or whatever is the new thing this week, but that's just going to be the tip of the iceberg.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Wow, looks nice. Keep the stupid social stuff - the great thing about this is that it's going to decouple our computers from their input devices and displays. Integrate motion-sensing into this, and we'll be able to have any interfaces we want, with our entire field of vision being the display.

Of course, morons will still want to 'check-in' at their favorite hot dog stand and 'share' their 'tweets' with their 'circles' on 'Pinterest' or whatever is the new thing this week, but that's going to be just the tip of the iceberg.

G

Saves $ on traffic signals & signage, also makes gaming a lot more fun when another player on your gaming 'grid' is walking toward you on your side of the street while appearing to be a 50ft dragon... well, maybe I'm jumping ahead to the 2nd generation "full display" model ;0) Are the patent purchases and Motorola Mobility acquisitions coming clearer now... way to use the media jackal's & their poor reporting to cover your play Google!

G

hmmmm...i think they forgot to mention all the crap ad's that will keep popping up in between....

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]lkjfsk[/nom]Nope, they still look nerdy, even when disguised by a hot model.[/citation]
Maybe if she was quite a bit more "gifted", if you know what I mean. ;)

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]fastwaves[/nom]...and you think people who talk or text while they drive is a problem...I can't wait until they get ahold of a pair of these....[/citation]

we can let them drive google cars, cant wait till they take off, would be nice to be able to nap on a 1 hour drive... i will risk death because i despise driving.

leakingpaint

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
nooo! bad idea. People drive off cliffs while listening to their sat nav. They crash while using their phones and now this?! So many people are going to fall down stairs...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]leakingpaint[/nom]nooo! bad idea. People drive off cliffs while listening to their sat nav. They crash while using their phones and now this?! So many people are going to fall down stairs...[/citation]
im a firm believer in evolution, and darwin... i dont need to say more do i?

anacandor

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Wow, looks nice. Keep the stupid social stuff - I'm hoping this will decouple our computers from their input and output devices. If they integrate motion sensing into this, we'll have any interface we want at any time, with our entire field of vision being the display.Of course morons will still want to 'check-in' at their local hot dog stand and 'share' their 'tweets' with their 'circles' on 'Pinterest' or whatever is the new thing this week, but that's just going to be the tip of the iceberg.[/citation]

Moron here. Just confirming I am one because I for one would use this produce for social media, as well as whatever other functionality it will have.

You have to realise that this will be the new "iPhone", as much as you nerds will hate it. The majority of people won't care that you can "decouple our computers from their input and output devices". For this product to sell, they have to appeal to the masses. Moron.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
want. looks cool, doubt it'll function like the video, but still want. augmented reality is likely the next thing. with any luck you an control it by touchmeans not just by voice command. if in the end it'll be a accessory to an android phone, or the phone and everything all in the glasses

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Google will achieve its goal of obtaining even more private information about people. This will be the biggest gold mine for them.

Seen this idea for decades by University but Google can actually implement it just their privacy policy will make me shiver before using this.

moosehawk

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
@wemakeourfuture If Apple started researching this first then everyone would be shitting their pants about how innovative Apple is. But this is Google, so their only incentive is to mine data right? Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.