Review Google Pixel 8 Pro hands-on: A truly pro camera, weird temperature sensor

Oct 4, 2023
Investing more into Google AI, the Pixel 8 Pro truly shows how it's embracing it more in our hands-on time with new features like Magic Audio Eraser, a more human-like Google Assistant for screening calls, and Best Take. There's also manual controls for video and a new temperature sensor.

Google Pixel 8 Pro hands-on: A truly pro camera, weird temperature sensor : Read more
In the review it was stated "What I find strange is that you have to select what type of object you’re trying to measure — like wood, glass, or metal material — but it’s meant to get a more accurate reading." This is something to do with a value called emissivity, which in simple terms is the amount of infra red radiation different materials/surfaces radiate at a specific temperature. Examples of this are a Matt black surface will radiate more IR than a shiny mirrored metal surface.

vinay2070

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
In the review it was stated "What I find strange is that you have to select what type of object you’re trying to measure — like wood, glass, or metal material — but it’s meant to get a more accurate reading." This is something to do with a value called emissivity, which in simple terms is the amount of infra red radiation different materials/surfaces radiate at a specific temperature. Examples of this are a Matt black surface will radiate more IR than a shiny mirrored metal surface.
Shouldnt thier AI cameras be able to detect the material type? Or atleast try to? Especially after touting all the AI Hype and putting in a crap processor in the name of AI?

Gilmour

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2016
I have a Pixel 7 Pro and the first Pixel Watch. I didn't see anything meaningful to me on the 8 Pro, but as a long time Fitbit user I was very interested when I saw what the Pixel Watch 2 was offering, though not enough to pay $350 (or even $200 with trade in). When I saw that it came free with the 8 Pro, and I saw what I could get in trade at Best Buy for my 7 Pro, I decided that it was worth the net total of $518.93 to get both, and still have a Pixel Watch to sell.

Oct 19, 2023
I wonder about battery life IPhone 15 pro 10:53, s23 adaptive 10:27 Pixel 8pro 10:03 but in review is: battery was depleted couple hours before bed time? There is half an hour up to 50 minutes difference in tests. There wasn’t same issue with S23 and 15 pro?

TRENDING THREADS