Status
Not open for further replies.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
"Let's just hope the consumer version isn't to expensive when it launches."

Too expensive............

Not to expensive.

As for the product....I'll be sure to buy a pair before I go skydiving.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
i'll buy this... just to video tape random people on NYC subway without them knowing. i'll be a such a perv with a technology like this.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
For $1500 you are getting a lot! These are expensive prototypes with a software development kit. These are not the release to retail devices. You also get special status with Google as a developer. Plus Google will probably give you the retail version for free when ever they decide to come out with it. They have a lot of legal hurdles to clear to get these to market.

So don't complain about price! Or you should not be reading Toms!

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Tntom is right for all intensive purposes this price means NOTHING , this is like a high end buy in to a VERY exclusive beta test. There is going to be special support , development kits * keep in mind that if these things use apps which we know they will getting a head start on app development could be worth litterly hundreds of thousands if they become a hit. In my opinion this is less about buying a new toy and more like buying a license for like visual basic studio you get the product but you get better support , updates, access to api's and service. Dont get me wrong I don't think they will be cheap probly $600-$900 * there will be a HUGE price drop because of cost of production as well right now they are making what maybe 200? that makes cost per unit VERY high*. To make it clear I'm in no way defending $1500 for these items as retail what my point is , is that this preorder is very different then any thing us consumers will ever see. Imagine what apple would charge to get in on prototype iphones before release $10k and dont laugh sites like gizmodo pay a couple grand for pics of them lol

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If this project takes off like I think it will then the cellular phone market will be forever changed and possibly replaced in a matter on months. Selling these developer models for $1500 a pop is chump change. If this is executed properly it will change the world. For better or worse is yet to be seen..

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
It'd be so funny if Apple thinks it's post-PC era is getting started, then Google comes along with this and begins the "post iDevice era"

G

Can they show a picture of someone who already wears spectacles... wearing Google Glass?

I'd like to see how they integrate.

It would be pretty sad if Google is just ignoring the spectacle-owning folks.

whimseh

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
"eager to get the technology into people's hands"

yes clearly this will be getting to a lot of people at $1,500.. what a waste, more like

G

I don't have an idea what the device really does (vs the original demo).

Can you read email? Maybe. Look at the device. It's just over one eye, which might be annoying. Then can you read a map, with graphics and so on? I'm just not convinced. Screen looks like a tiny tiny thing, over just one eye.

If it's just a glorified camera, I'm out. I think this is something I actually need to have on my head and see if the display is acceptable.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i have to see what the hell this looks like when warring it. so far only videos they shown have been dramatizations, stick a camera to the lens so we can see what it looks like in real life.

thats my only gripe with it so far.

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
The glasses depend on having a lot of cell phone bandwidth. The cell phone companies are getting stingy with bandwidth.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Dandalf[/nom]It'd be so funny if Apple thinks it's post-PC era is getting started, then Google comes along with this and begins the "post iDevice era"[/citation]
They've begun the eyeDevice era ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.