Google Publishes Michael Jackson Search Graph

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
What's the big deal with MJ? Google could make quite some money charging people a dollar for searching up homosexual over rated people :)

clist

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
The graphic I'd really like to see them publish is the geographic distribution of the searches.
I.e.;
[#Searches by location] / [Population Density for the location]
...mapped.

Cheers,
CList

oenomel

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
But the passing of Billy Mays means that we're going to hear more from Mr SHAMWOW! Vince.......I can't stand Vince..

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
No scale, but knowing how many people use google to do searches I really doubt that it is in the single digits - let alone in the 5 digit range at its peak.

As for me? Saw on CNN.com breaking news he was taken to the hospital, then my coworker came in and said something about "the King of pop" being dead.

Personally, I'm in the "don't care that much about celebrities" category. In part, I try not to go all ga-ga over them so they can have a chance at a semi-normal life. However, I know there are many people who care a lot because they either adored or despised him - and far be it for me to take away that which entertains them... just as long as they get that I don't have to care in the same way.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
well he's important to a lot people, the fans, music industry, and blacks. it was tragic since he never got a hold of himself due to lost childhood.

tiredwolf

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
due to lost child hood? Maybe that is why all the kids thought he was molesting them, he was really just searching for their child hood so he could steal it! Child molester, druggy, freak, just because he died doesnt mean he is suddenly a good person. Im not HAPPY that he died, but I don't think any differently of him.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]oenomel[/nom]But the passing of Billy Mays means that we're going to hear more from Mr SHAMWOW! Vince.......I can't stand Vince..[/citation]
Im not sure how much you will be hearing from Vince. Ever since that hooker bit off part of his tongue in Miami, I think he has been having trouble speaking without a lisp. I'll miss Billy Mays more than MJ.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Upendra09[/nom]I know right? why would i care about the guy that made the best music ever, and who i love listening to?[/citation]

Don't worry, he's from the machine world...He doesn't need anybody...except neo...

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
I was at Glastonbury Festival when the news started filtering through the (200 000 strong) masses. and withing a few short hours people were already wearing
"OMG
MJ's DEAD!"
T-shirts

syn504

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]ir_efrem[/nom]My first search for him was yesterday. I went in search of some new jokes. As it turns out, there were quite a few old ones that I had not heard and new ones are always good.I do not really care whether or not he was convicted of the crimes that he was accused of. I am just glad that he was never my neighbor and I didn't have to worry about my children. There are plenty of local freaks for me to deal with, why worry about some guy half way across the country?Do I have a celebrity Idol? NO, why would I? I have been as low as just about any one person can be. I have worried about where my next meal was going to come from. Now I am older and a father of 3 and I live to make sure that my children never have to worry about such things. Who gives a rats ass about some odd super star that never made a real difference in anyone lives. "His Beautiful Songs" blah blah inspired blah blah, we was the king blah blah. This is all bullshit, if you need some one to inspire you, look inside your mind and see what you can accomplish. Quit relying on some one looking to make money.You damn people all concerned about the life of 1 person. WHY??? Does anyone know the amount of children that are starving today? Everyone detaches themselves because they do not see it personally and throw out lame excuses about it not being their problem. Then this one jack-off dies and suddenly all these asswipes care about death. WTF people???????????????????????[/citation]

I really don't understand the tough luck story, are we suppose to feel sorry for you? I just have one question for you, if Michael Jackson never made a real difference, how is that everyone in this country knows who he is? Was he a freak that never had the opportunity to learn how to live like a normal person? Sure! But he was also one of the most influencial artists of our time, inspiring and entertaining hundreds of millions of people, he donated over $300 million to charities throughout his life, so show a little fucking respect before you start saying he never made a difference to anyone. Does bringing down people who have accomplished more than you make you feel bigger? Is that why you are acting like an asshole? What have you ever done to make the world a better place? You have nothing but spite for people better than you, and for that, I truely feel sorry for your children.

Status
Not open for further replies.