Google Releases Chrome 8

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Silly question. How do I navigate PDF documents with my keyboard in Chrome 8's built in PDF browser? Clicking on the currently displayed PDF document page doesn't allow me to use my keyboard like I can with Adobe's own plugin. This is very frustrating when using my laptop's touchpad mouse.

onyx_64

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]Is this version support 2D/3D gpu acceleration?[/citation]

Yes it does. Just run the Fish IE tank benchmark to see the difference!
I wish chrome had the equivalent of firefox's panorama though.. thats one thing i miss.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]how is it that there are 8 versions of this already...[/citation]

I was wondering the same. Chrome was released only 2 years ago.....

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hey, Thanks for the heads-up Tom's, just updated while reading this. I always turn off auto-updats so I have to figure them out on my own usually. :)

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Generally, I like google products... but version 8.0 for a 2 year old product? Geeze, it took Opera 12+ years to reach version 10! In the time that Chrome went from 4~7, Opera has been in various 10.xx revisions - and also, OPERA has had vastly more noticeable changes done to their browser, both visually and functionality.

Its almost impossible to tell the difference between Chrome 2.x and 8.0... and so the numbers game is stupid. At this rate, Chrome will hit version 15 by 2013.

Android OS is doing it right. 1.x is quite old, 2.x is current and 3.0 is coming out soon next year and should hopefully have some vastly improved user I/O.

G

$4000 from Google thats all? I think I am changing from a developer to a farmer.
And no - i do not think farming is a bad career.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]enzo matrix[/nom]Stop using the dev version and start using the stable release.[/citation]

I've tried the stable, the beta, and then the dev.

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]I've tried the stable, the beta, and then the dev.[/citation]
Are you sure it's chrome? I have the same issues sometimes, but they occur regardless of which browser I am using.

Status
Not open for further replies.