Google Shutting Down Nexus One Online Store

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]jgalecio[/nom]Really? Failed? Failed in being adopted but not at being a great phone. I honestly bought this from having a 3GS and it blew the apple phone away hands down. Sure there are others phones out there (now) that does better, but at the time of arival the nexus one was what every other phone dreamed to be. If anything we can owe the Nexus One the grattitude to inspire companies to improve their shitty phones sp in the end he consumers will benefit. Unlike apples sorry ass its their way or the highway.[/citation]

You honestly expect me to believe you owned an iPhone 3G S? You are full of crap. I've held both phones in my hands and while the Nexus One is a nice piece of hardware there is no unbiased person in the world who would claim that the Nexus One "blew the 3G S out of the water." Get real. Every website that reviewed the device compared it to the 3G S and none of them came to the conclusion that either device was substantially better than the other. Wow oh wow is this site just completely littered with fanboys.

chanthing

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
[citation][nom]jgalecio[/nom]I a[citation][nom]descendency[/nom]I love my N1. I am glad I got mine unlocked, without any ties to any cellphone company (granted, I have to use T-Mobile to get 3G - but I'm on wifi lots). N1 > * (including that Droid Incredible... which people are heavily over-rating)[/citation]
[/citation]

You don't need T-Mobile to get 3G. After the first run of phones, Google realized they made a mistake and allowed people to spec the proper antenna freq to get 3G on AT&T. When you order now, there's a checkbox to pick the right one. I got mine the day after I ordered it, popped in my AT&T SIM card and have not looked back. I'm not into the social stuff enough to care about SENSE, so the Nexus seems like the perfect phone to me. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.