Google Slams iPad, then Makes Pad of Its Own

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I never knocked the iPad for being a large iPod Touch. I knocked the iPad for being another over-hyped, under functioning locked down Apple device. All of the above is still true, and an Android tablet doesn't suffer from any of that.

I'll definitely be getting an Android tablet.

Yes and you will be subject to 10 times the Viruses and it will weigh 3.5 times more than the Ipad and it's battery life will be less than 4 HRS. So you can have it, i'm buying an Ipad.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Yes and you will be subject to 10 times the Viruses and it will weigh 3.5 times more than the Ipad and it's battery life will be less than 4 HRS. So you can have it, i'm buying an Ipad.[/citation]

This will be an interesting read for you then: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?s=ced476e7edac623dde3a89d7be6d5b79&p=4109016&postcount=3

There are more hacks for the iPhone OS than there are for Android. As for the other comments, they are so out there that I do not feel the need to even address them. Have fun with your iPad.

G

Wasn't the Chrome web browser the only browser to not be hacked just recently? So if Google uses the Chrome Browser it will still be more virus free then the Ipad..

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom] Yes and you will be subject to 10 times the Viruses and it will weigh 3.5 times more than the Ipad and it's battery life will be less than 4 HRS. So you can have it, i'm buying an Ipad.[/citation]

You don' have to tell anyone you're buying an iPad. We all know you are because of that blind fanboyism.

G

Why is everyone so anti Apple? My challenge to you is to actually use an iPhone for a week. Or an iPad. For a week. Just use it as you would use any product. Or are you afraid that the simple interface and usability might actually become attractive to you and you'll realize that 90% of your complaints about the device aren't really valid?

I hope the Google tablet is a comparable product. I hope it gets manufactured. I hope it becomes available to purchase in a store that I can walk into. I hope that it provides competition to the iPad because I think that the iPad could come down in price $100 across the product line. But that's not going to happen until a competitive product enters the market.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]Tablet with Open OS like Android = Worth a lookTablet with Open OS + webcam = Sold[/citation]

All of the spec you said + Nvidia Tegra 2 = I'm totally sold.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
[citation][nom]superfoot[/nom]Uh, Apple has sold about 450,000 iPads so far. Nowhere near 2.5 million.[/citation]

Then that was definitely recollection fail on my part. Maybe 2.5M was the number of iPads shipped? /shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.