Google Street View Car Drivers Can Get Lost Too

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanlucrazy

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
[citation][nom]tooinaccurate[/nom]I only use Google Maps for satellite images. For actual directions I stick with MapQuest. Google Maps is too inaccurate, and streets are often missing from it entirely.[/citation]

I disagree.

BPT747

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]renami9[/nom]Google Street ViewWe get lost, so YOU don't have to.[/citation]
This one is good enough for +40

hakkafusion

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
anyone thought about how they captured pic of their own cars? if they were the ones taking the photos, then it'll require another one to take pic of their own? lol

G

I can't stand Google street view. It is nothing but spitting in your face style invasion of privacy! Do you know how many private roads, even with signs posted the Streetview people have purposely gone down. Do you know what happens? They say to remove a photo from streetview you must individually report it online on the google maps site. Well, for a private road depending how long the road is can take thousands of pictures. HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO REMOVE THAT! ONE AT A TIME! I really hate Google because I live on a private road and they took photos of the whole thing and the only way I can get it removed is to write Google a letter and send them photocopies of my drivers license and other things that invade your privacy even more! You can't win unless you can stop their cars before they enter and send them away with 4 flat tires so they won't come back. I wish our lawmakers would demand immediately that all private roads and all photos associated with it would be removed immediately!

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]renami9[/nom]Google Street ViewWe get lost, so YOU don't have to.[/citation]
Brilliant slogan. Google should cut you a check for that. That was pure awesome. :)

G

Follow the link to the actual Street View and pan around. You'll see that there's a red tractor pulled over on the curb with no driver!!!! The guy at the map must have walked over from the parked tractor!!!!!! Liars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS