Google Street View Car Stalked by Snorkel Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

amarok

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
This was not staged.
The full snorkel gear is actually the national costume in Norway and everybody wears it. The only change come when they go out for fancy dinner or in the opera, then it's considered polite if they leave the harpoon at home..

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Judging by the chairs on the lawn next to this place one can say that they were suited up and waited for the car to come by... true indeed though, if you go on Google maps and put the address up there you can actually see them!

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]acecombat[/nom]How does one find out when the street view car is coming near them?[/citation]

Good question.

gayan

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
yesterday I saw a different news regarding more or less the same thing in Germany... seems the "google car" is a celebrity in its own right.. People following it, people tracking it, people camping out waiting for it.. its like the reception that the queen would get in the UK or Paris Hilton in the US

dman157

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
[citation][nom]acecombat[/nom]How does one find out when the street view car is coming near them?[/citation]
Google? :p

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]First mooning men, now snorkel men! What's next?[/citation]
If I have any part of it a man in a Yeti suit :p

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
GOOGLE SHOULD make this into profit but opening or adding a section to its service: "CLICK to find out what flavor of craziness can be found at this location"

crazymech

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Ah, Norwegian pride :)
dykking.no (diving) reports that the guys knew the driver of the google car and such knew sort of when he'd pop into their area.

Greeting from Norway!

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]zingam[/nom]Are those holes on the street? I don't believe that's Norway![/citation]

It is. You can verify the address. Life isn't perfect even in Scandinavia, though there are ways to make it more tolerable as you can see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.