Google Working on Patch To Bypass Galaxy Nexus Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]I wonder if Apple patented the process of using patches to remove patent-infringing features.[/citation]

Nah, they'll find another patent to stretch like Spandex.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Really? Millions of dollars spent for lawyers. Then a quick patch fixes it all.

Seriously? Why are these companies feeding the most unproductive and useless cast in the world?

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]Zingam_Duo[/nom]Really? Millions of dollars spent for lawyers. Then a quick patch fixes it all.Seriously? Why are these companies feeding the most unproductive and useless cast in the world?[/citation]
I wonder this too, why didn't they just patch it to begin with...

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
You guys should ask for a law re-thinking: no lawsuit can be made if patent was not obtain at least 1 year before the production of the device who may use information protected with this patent.
That should take care of this patent trolls and stupid lawsuits.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
If Apple will ever decide to make a car for sure they will patent the wheel, and after that they will ban every car maker out there in selling their cars.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
[citation][nom]Zingam_Duo[/nom]Really? Millions of dollars spent for lawyers. Then a quick patch fixes it all.Seriously? Why are these companies feeding the most unproductive and useless cast in the world?[/citation]
Unfortunately Apple's lawyers know that Samsung and Google stand to loose a lot more if Apple is successful at keeping their products off the shelf even if it is only for a week.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]If Apple will ever decide to make a car for sure they will patent the wheel, and after that they will ban every car maker out there in selling their cars.[/citation]

Yeah the US patent office will of course allow that one!

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]I wonder this too, why didn't they just patch it to begin with...[/citation]

You guys don't realize what this thing is about, eh?
Somebody gets ridiculous patent on "searching from serveral sources". (isn't it amazing that Google's (!!!) product violates "searching" patent of... Apple?) Mind you, we had sites that would go search in several sites then aggregate result in early 90th.

Then this somebody, uses this and other extremely "innovative" patents to STOP the competition.

And if you've missed it, Mr Jobbs promised to "go thermonuclear" on Android. That's why,

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
[citation][nom]xenol[/nom]Apple has more liquid assets than the US. Why the hell do they care about their bottom line still?[/citation]
Because Apple has to keep coming up with new products to maintain those assets. The more they stop progress the longer they can delay losing market share, and hence hold onto their money.

G

yet another reason why the patent system is broken.

for apple to be crying wolf is the pot calling the kettle black. every single company borrows ideas from other products, apple included.

google and samsung need to play hardball here.

G

What does it say about your product if "it is likely to lose substantial market share in the smartphone market and to lose substantial downstream sales of future smartphone purchases" due to the use of one very basic, simple, almost never-used feature like search?

Clearly this judge was paid off. We're not talking about the web-search or voice-search functionality in android. An entire phone was banned because it could also search txt messages and apps in your drawer. Thats it. Does anybody here ever even use that shit? I cant name one time it was ever important that I issue a global search on my phone, through all my sms, my email, my apps, and my history, just to search for a single word. In fact. I actually DISABLE the global search option because it's annoying and pulls up useless results. 99% of the time when I issue a search on my phone, it's to search the WEB for something.

Cant believe an entire phone was banned over something so trivial, and that a judge could sit there with a straight face and say Apple could lose billions of dollars because nobody would want their overpriced garbage just for this single feature.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Why doesn't apple just let its "superior" products prevail instead of trying to cock block everyone else. Hate apple so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.