Google's Solve for X Website Goes Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyanf

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
I just had nightmareish flashbacks back to algebra from that name. Thanks a lot Google!

Whatever happened to "Don't be evil"?

G

There is potential here - particularly if you are a holder of a well conceived idea of global importance. Some of us have that, some don't. One thing is for sure - any idea that looks beyond the ever present short term to a direction of true goal and incredible benefit needs an outlet for consideration.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
sigh...

I envision about a thousand people all applying for a patent on an idea all at once.... along with a thousand lawsuits all at once.............

G

So much for viewing the Snaps section on iPad. What happened to using j-query for effects?

davidgermain

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2005
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]sigh...I envision about a thousand people all applying for a patent on an idea all at once.... along with a thousand lawsuits all at once.............[/citation]

If its for the common good then the ideas should be given freely, to create a better world for everyone...
wow i woke on the wrong side of the bed...

830hobbes

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
[citation][nom]keyanf[/nom]I just had nightmareish flashbacks back to algebra from that name. Thanks a lot Google!Whatever happened to "Don't be evil"?[/citation]

Really? Nightmareish algebra?

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]keyanf[/nom]I just had nightmareish flashbacks back to algebra from that name.[/citation]
Yeah. Last week I walked in a meeting room and someone had written, "solve for x where 3x - 12 = 89" on the white board. So traumatic, I left for the day...

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I could see this working as more of a hub for inventors, techies, and those with problems they need help with where they all collaborate to come up with solutions to various problems. That would be a cool, innovating, and possibly successful site. This just sounds like Google is making a site where you can give away your ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.