Got my new build; help with benchmarks, anti-virus, build steps, etc.

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
So at the end of the week I shall put my computer together. I am still looking for a good mechanical keyboard with black or red switches; any suggestions would be welcomed. Here is my build:

Intel i5-3750k
Asus gtx 680 dcuii top
Plextor m3 128gb
Samsung Spinpoint 1tb
Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM
Asus Maximus v Formula
Razer Deathadder black edition
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Asus VG236HE 120hz monitor
Seasonic x-760
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Edition 64bit-OEM
Phanteks PH-TC14PE_RD 140mm UFB (Updraft Floating Balance) CPU Cooler

So now, how do I proceed? I will be using the 3 part video guide from Newegg on how to build a computer. Is that enough? Do you guys have any other suggestions for the necessary steps. Do I need to buy anti-static wrap or is there a trick to not ruin components with my body electricity. After it's all done, how do I set up the SSD options for optimal performance, and to install windows. And the HDD, I will put all my music, steam games, movies, etc on it; are there any special options?What about mobo bios there is this guide http://rog.asus.com/129672012/maximus-v-motherboards/asus-z77-motherboard-uefi-bios-tuning-guide/ is it good?I will also overclock the CPU is this guide good http://rog.asus.com/136402012/maximus-v-motherboards/maximus-v-formula-overclocking-guide/? Then, I will be overclocking the GPU; do I use Asus software or AB or EVGA software? Then, after all is set up, I want to stress my system; what benchmarks do I need and where do I get them from? 3DMARK11, Heaven, AIDA 64 for CPU, etc. any other ones? Then, I will have 1 year kaspersky anti-virus from the mobo, is it good or replace it with something better? What other software do I need? Anything for the HDD, SDD, GPU, CPU, etc?

I am excited and scared at the same time because I don't want to break anything and see my 2200 go down the drain :( .

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I have 0 knowledge on how to set up the SSD for TRIM and it's other functions. I have heard that the SSD also has some options enabled by default that I can disable to save space and for faster performance. Any help in this area especially will be very helpful.

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Thank you so much :bounce: +1 for you Sir. Where can I find similar threads with info for the other components and recommended software ?