Got new battery for laptop. It shut off one day and never turned on. Brought a new battery still qont turn on .

Jun 12, 2018
Hp pavilion dv7 stopped working one day just shut off and never turned back on. Got a new battery still wont turn on.

hang-the-9

Titan

If it won't turn on on wall power, it would not be the battery. Try the procedure in the above post, you may also need to remove the CMOS battery to reset the motherboard and BIOS.

Jun 12, 2018
I would only work with the charger plugged in but if you take it out it will shut off. If its a motherboard issue would it be expensive to fix.

hang-the-9

Titan

If it worked with the charger, it is less likely that it's an issue with the motherboard, but it may still be something bad with the power connection. You said it won't turn on at all though, is that the case or it only does not turn on with only battery?

Zapthos

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
You can try this:
1. Remove the battery & charger
2. Hold the power button for 30-40 seconds
3. Plug in the battery & charger
This is very common with laptops

Jun 12, 2018

hang-the-9

Titan

If it won't turn on on wall power, it would not be the battery. Try the procedure in the above post, you may also need to remove the CMOS battery to reset the motherboard and BIOS.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ryun1975 Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 4