Government Data Removal Request of Google Increasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

You realize that they weren't forced to do this by anyone they just decided to do it on their own.
T-up for them

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
You know what? Government's shouldn't ever have the power to hide their abuses of the populace. Because then they think they can get away with it and keep doing it.

It's a good thing there are some powerful people out there that understand that.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
This is so scary. I have been very concerned and suspicious of Google for a looooooooooong time. Giving one company so much power is a very dangerous precedent for our freedom. People complain about the narrow ownership of the media in the USA (which they should), but Google is a lot worse in terms of ownership. Google is just one company that can decide to sanitize the web with total impunity. I know numerous people that have had their Youtube videos deleted and censored because they didn't meet some spurious political criteria. This often happens with video critical of foreign nations America is beholden to. Humanity has got to wake up.

The sooner people realize that Google is not their friend, but rather a company with its own agendas, the sooner people will be on the road to preserving their freedom.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
google isnt that bad though, if they wanted to block out content they would have done so allready

i find the way that they block out content amusing, vpn service
i know of one that has over 100 servers for one montly fee :)

G

Obama must be behind the defamation requests. The Trump's possible defamation of Obama was mentioned over the Birth certificate fiasco. Attack Watch must have a hand in this as well.

mythostd

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
People should remember that Google has a hundreds of terabytes of data and in the period in question there were request to remove 757 items. I don't think there is a huge problem with censorship if that is all that has removed. Also Google only complied with 63% of requests from the U.S. This shows they look at each request and decide if it is a valid request.

Also in this article the requests from the U.S. are not broken down. How many are from the federal government versus state or local government. I bet the police video was from the city in questions police department not from the state or federal level.

wardler

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]mythostd[/nom]People should remember that Google has a hundreds of terabytes of data and in the period in question there were request to remove 757 items. I don't think there is a huge problem with censorship if that is all that has removed. Also Google only complied with 63% of requests from the U.S. This shows they look at each request and decide if it is a valid request.Also in this article the requests from the U.S. are not broken down. How many are from the federal government versus state or local government. I bet the police video was from the city in questions police department not from the state or federal level.[/citation]

Are you serious? This is Google being open about what governments are requesting to be blocked from the public. Idiot alarm going wild here.

wardler

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]This is so scary. I have been very concerned and suspicious of Google for a looooooooooong time. Giving one company so much power is a very dangerous precedent for our freedom. People complain about the narrow ownership of the media in the USA (which they should), but Google is a lot worse in terms of ownership. Google is just one company that can decide to sanitize the web with total impunity. I know numerous people that have had their Youtube videos deleted and censored because they didn't meet some spurious political criteria. This often happens with video critical of foreign nations America is beholden to. Humanity has got to wake up. The sooner people realize that Google is not their friend, but rather a company with its own agendas, the sooner people will be on the road to preserving their freedom.[/citation]This is what I was talking about. ^

Status
Not open for further replies.