GPU-Assisted Malware Can Be Difficult to Detect

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Here's an idea: Drag out and shoot out these dweebs who create viruses and spam. Have they any idea how many man-hours of productivity are lost to formatting and re-installing Windows, drivers, your programs, files...?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]JWL3[/nom]Here's an idea: Drag out and shoot out these dweebs who create viruses and spam. Have they any idea how many man-hours of productivity are lost to formatting and re-installing Windows, drivers, your programs, files...?[/citation]
I'd rather they not go away completely, have you any idea how much money I have made cleaning up peoples computers cause of simple malware? :p

G

"This malware requires DX11 to run. Please upgrade your graphics card."

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]weefatbob[/nom]Obvious you have not used Norton Products in past year and half, otherwise you may actually have given some decent knowledge based argument rather than the old winded 'Norton bad' overused quote. This tag was well earned in the past, for several years they were horrendous and a real PITA on system resources and not really much use with all the crap they installed.But in the past year and a half that has changed dramatically.Next time, make sure you know what you are talking about before you go and blast someone for using something that you have ZERO current knowledge on, then and only then give an informed opinion rather than an arrogant I know better because in nineteen umpteen blah blah blah....I give up, I am so bored talking to you now, seriously, you have no idea what you are talking about!!![/citation]

tl;dr

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Alternatively, don't be a moron and open a file you don't know what it is or where it came from.

A little education goes a long way, and since I slapped my computer-illiterate family for not reading e-mails properly and randomly opening shit they've never had any malware in over a year.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Fear the evil selfish hackers who develop viruses for not hooking up but don't fear the antivirus companies which profit high with all that.

/sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.