Grand Theft Auto is Coming to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
i don't understand how they can make GTA playable w\ touch screen only... or is the iphone going to start reading minds to control it?

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]itadakimasu[/nom]i don't understand how they can make GTA playable w\ touch screen only... or is the iphone going to start reading minds to control it?[/citation]
I agree, how could such a game capture the essence of GTA?

battlaxx

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]itadakimasu[/nom]i don't understand how they can make GTA playable w\ touch screen only... or is the iphone going to start reading minds to control it?[/citation]

actually, a gta ripoff game came out for the ipod touch a while ago. its called payback. the controls are very easy, so easy that it makes your comment sound very dim.

the ipod touch controls are surprisling good, you can play early console games(genesis ,nintendo) no problem. fps games play great too, with the exception of duke nukem 3d have controls rendering it unplayable.

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
The iphone is actually 3.6" diagonal widescreen and is about the size of a PSP screen and bigger than a DS screen. Plus the multi-touch display control (not just tapping... swipping, zooming in/out, pinching, dragging, etc), acelleromters (like Wii), built in Wifi (with ad-hoc), bluetooth stereo, 3G, 256Mb RAM (PSP 64), Shader Support SM2.0 and OpenGL 2.0 support(PowerVR SGX), 600mhz ARM A8 Cortex processor, 3rd party controller support coming via port (OS3.0), over 50,000+ apps/games, 40,000,0000+ ipod Touch/iphone/iphone3G/iphone3GS units, big developer support (EA,Namco,THQ,Gameloft,Konami,ID,etc). Only a fool would rule out the iphone/ipod are not gaming devices and already have great games w/ great control schemes.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
lol. GTAIV on iphone!!??!! I've tried a couple of fps on my wifes phone, it's no fun. Need a controller. I actually have an lg incite. Same problem. Touch screen is great, but still need a real controller. Why would they not design a joystick and a few buttons onto them????? Seems obvious to me that they should have. Anyways, I seen that video from a few months ago. It's nothing like the screenshots above.

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
[citation][nom]battlaxx[/nom]actually, a gta ripoff game came out for the ipod touch a while ago. its called payback. the controls are very easy, so easy that it makes your comment sound very dim.the ipod touch controls are surprisling good, you can play early console games(genesis ,nintendo) no problem. fps games play great too, with the exception of duke nukem 3d have controls rendering it unplayable.[/citation]
Gangstar is actually a 3D GTA clone and actually runs and controls great.

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/games/gangstar-iphone-sociopathic-monster-in-your-pocket

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]But wait... it can't play Crysis yet![/citation]
yet is the word.
"Crysis? There's an app for that."

battlaxx

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]dreamphantom_1977[/nom]lol. GTAIV on iphone!!??!! I've tried a couple of fps on my wifes phone, it's no fun. Need a controller. I actually have an lg incite. Same problem. Touch screen is great, but still need a real controller. Why would they not design a joystick and a few buttons onto them????? Seems obvious to me that they should have. Anyways, I seen that video from a few months ago. It's nothing like the screenshots above.[/citation]

the ipod touch/ iphone touch screen hardware is leaps & bounds better than most & simply better than all other touch screen devices. with faster response time & better sensitivity. virtual touch screen joysticks (good ones(there are alot of crappy ones)) on the ipod touch are surprisingly good.

danny69t

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]Just think of how realistic the explosions will be on GTA-iPhone...[/citation]
LOL, very funny :)) +1

Status
Not open for further replies.