Graphics card replacement/upgrade?

Solution
Just because a GPU is on the pci-e bus does not mean its MXM(slot for mobile gpus). All dedicated laptop gpu's for many years have used the pci-e bus and most are BGA(soldered to the motherboard). MXM is usually only found on high end gaming laptops and mobile workstations.

If you look at pictures of the motherboard of a tecra r950 with a 7570m you can clearly see the GPU and vram soldered to the motherboard.
Generally speaking, only specific gaming laptops that cost around $1,400+ will allow you to upgrade the GPU. The keyword is "specific" because there are $2,000+ laptops that have GPUs soldered directly in the motherboard.

There are exceptions of course, but your laptop is not one of the few exceptions.

May 17, 2018
As with all business laptops, there are multiple builds of R950, some with discrete GPUs.

My Tecra R950 is build PT530C-03702V, which is equipped with a Radeon HD 7570M on a PCIe bus.
In my case, it can be replaced and/or upgraded.
I came here looking for instructions on getting under the keyboard. Instead I find people guessing or making up answers and calling it helping.

To the OP:
Go to https://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1200013411 and type in your build number.
Look for a link to 'Detailed Specs' and you'll find your answer.

bignastyid

Splendid
Just because a GPU is on the pci-e bus does not mean its MXM(slot for mobile gpus). All dedicated laptop gpu's for many years have used the pci-e bus and most are BGA(soldered to the motherboard). MXM is usually only found on high end gaming laptops and mobile workstations.

If you look at pictures of the motherboard of a tecra r950 with a 7570m you can clearly see the GPU and vram soldered to the motherboard.

Solution
May 17, 2018
Well that's the thing, though. There are different builds with different motherboards.

In my work fleet we have hundreds of R950s, in 3 different builds.
One build has just the integrated Intel GPU, one build has the Radeon 7570M on-board, and the build I have came with the PCIe port on the mainboard (I'm assuming it's MXM but I don't really know). These were ordered with Radeon 7570Ms, which are the same chip but soldered onto an addon card, which plugs into the port on the mainboard. The R950s with the same build as me are easy to spot because they have a much thicker 'chassis.'

Among my friends at work I'm the only one who hasn't upgraded my GPU, but we're all doing it "unofficially" with personally purchased cards, which is why I've been reluctant to open mine without a video tutorial or at least some very detailed instructions.