Graphics change problem

mjboyisbest

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
I have a hp laptop notebook with win 8.1 Bing,4gb ram,intel HD graphics pentium,2.16ghz quad core processor,i want to change my graphic driver into AMD or Nvidia,i mean I want to keep both... So can give me suggestions how to do it and which one will be best for my laptop...

Solution
You use the driver for the graphics adapter you have. If your notebook has Intel HD graphics then that's the driver you update and use. If you mean you'd like to add an AMD or Nvidia graphics card, that would depend on your notebook. Some can't be upgraded. Without the exact model number it's impossible for me to help you further.

dontlistentome

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
You use the driver for the graphics adapter you have. If your notebook has Intel HD graphics then that's the driver you update and use. If you mean you'd like to add an AMD or Nvidia graphics card, that would depend on your notebook. Some can't be upgraded. Without the exact model number it's impossible for me to help you further.

Solution

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
As I see it you have 3 options and 2 of them probably wont work.

1: Get an external graphics card dock.
But they are pretty expensive and your existing laptop probably doesn't have USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt ports.

2: Get a new laptop with a discrete GPU.
The really expensive over budget option.

3: Get a new laptop with an AMD APU (an A10 preferably) {damn, that's a lot of A's.}
It will probably cost less than the graphics card dock.