Graphics problem on old laptop

G

Hi, I recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 on my old laptop (on which I am typing now). It runs smooth and perfectly fine, despite the rather long loading times for larger programs. As I decided to run Minecraft on it, it first gave me a " Pixel format not accelerated " error, which I fixed by installing the ATI display driver which was delivered on a CD. Minecraft launches now, but I havn't got any further than trying to click any button, then the window stops responding. Also, when I go to the resolution settings screen (right click on desktop > screen resolution) I suddenly see two monitors!

CPU - Intel Celeron 2.60 Ghz
RAM - 2GB
GPU - ATI Mobility Radeon 9100 IGP
Windows 7 32 bit
What am I doing wrong? Can you help me?
Any help is appreciated.

G

Yeah, I have a driver CD from which I installed the driver. It's made for Windows XP though, and I have Windows 7.

G

Thanks for the help, but it was marked as a virus from my system

G

I tried the link, but it said ,,The server has refused to fulfill your request.''

G

Thanks a lot for taking time for my question, but I think you didn't really read it. My question was why my laptop is running Minecraft so slow now

simple fact win 7 32 bits need 2 gig of ram to work then your system have 2 gig but the video chipset need also ram that it use from the system let say about 250 to 500 mb so leave the other part to run windows if you could had memory to your laptop the will be mofluid and to play game on laptop your better with a gpu that have it's own dedicated memory so it wont use the system one .

G

Okay, so you think adding some more RAM could fix the issue?

ffg7

Splendid
your graphic card is the problem
Minimum Requirements:
•CPU: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
•RAM: 2GB
•GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics or AMD (formerly ATI) Radeon HD Graphics with OpenGL 2.1
•GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT or AMD Radeon HD 2400 with OpenGL 3.1
•HDD: At least 200MB for Game Core and Other Files
•Java 6 Release 45

Recommended Requirements:
•CPU: Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon II (K10) 2.8 GHz
•RAM: 4GB
•GPU: GeForce 2xx Series or AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series (Excluding Integrated Chipsets) with OpenGL 3.3
•HDD: 1GB
•Latest release of Java 8 from java.com
https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/325948-minecraft-system-requirements

G

But back with Windows XP Minecraft ran perfectly acceptable with around 13 FPS. . . This is weird.

G

Yep, it's listed there. Also, the driver is installed correctly.

TRENDING THREADS