plasticsman

Distinguished
May 7, 2004
I am running XP Pro on a clone PC. I have a problem when trying to run some games for my daughter. It seems that whenever I start the games, the screen shifts to the left and up to where I only get 1/2 to 1/3 of the actual graphics. This does not happen with any other programs but always with her games. I also see this shift during start up when the Window XP copy write screen is showing.

I believe one of there is some type of driver issue. I thought originally I needed a new video card for XP tried that no luck. Tried compatibilty no luck. Tried to unistall the games no luck. Also made sure XP is using the latest driver for my monitor.

The games are Reader Rabbit. Not the first time they have messed something up for me.

Any one with any ideas?

I am exhausted!

Thanks

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Since you never specified that you had an LCD, yet I was able to figure it out quickly based on your problem, yes, I'm saying i'ts because you have an LCD

etp777

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2004
Gld they could help you. Iv'e never quite nailed down what determines if it does that or not. I know why it does that, rather than extrapolating(or whatever word is) the lower resolution out to fit the available pixels, it just runs them at the resolution the signal is being sent at. But I've had two LCDs of same model, do it one way or the other, with everything else identical(though they may have been different revisions or firmwares or something of same display). So SOny, who I assume is the manufacturer, or at least reseller, in this case, is only one who can really help you.