GT70 0NC in 2017

p24p10

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
So I've been trying to get a good laptop for a while. I really don't have any money to spend on it so my budget is around 500$ CAD. I recently found this Gt70 0NC Msi laptop for sale at 650$ CAD, I'm going to ask for 500$. If they accept, should i get it? Will it be useful for light gaming for the next few years? Or is it just long past dead?

Solution

Hmmm. Not as good a deal, then. I wouldn't pay a nickel over $500 Canadian for it, and it should be near mint for that price. Still a decent laptop, but the CPU and GPU are even older than I was hoping. The GT70 was made for a few years and had the exact same chassis for the entire run, but the internal hardware was refreshed with every new model year. That one is one of the earlier models.

One of the best features of the GT70 is the fact you can gain access to the cpu/gpu/fans/ram/drives by removing a few screws from the bottom and popping off the access panel. The vast majority of newer laptops seem to require a relatively complicated disassembly...
$500 Canadian (383.92USD) is a good deal for that laptop, if it is in nice condition and is one of the higher-end versions. Is it useful for light gaming? Depends on your definition. If it has a GTX 870m GPU, it should be able to play a game like GTA V @ high settings at a decent framerate.

Can you provide the actual specs?

Hmmm. Not as good a deal, then. I wouldn't pay a nickel over $500 Canadian for it, and it should be near mint for that price. Still a decent laptop, but the CPU and GPU are even older than I was hoping. The GT70 was made for a few years and had the exact same chassis for the entire run, but the internal hardware was refreshed with every new model year. That one is one of the earlier models.

One of the best features of the GT70 is the fact you can gain access to the cpu/gpu/fans/ram/drives by removing a few screws from the bottom and popping off the access panel. The vast majority of newer laptops seem to require a relatively complicated disassembly procedure to do the same.

Solution