GTA 5 and Laptop

sanket91

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
I want to Upgrade - Change My Laptop, Is this laptop can Handle GTA 5 without lag?

Lenovo G40-45
http://www.flipkart.com/m/interstitial/product?pid=COME87G5PTTZBV2Y&al=rrq3OaCJvdbsraUFcl8XuMldugMWZuE75aUsiwTbcEPKVyMcbxsRK%252F9zND6iWXhRjfIge5dF0kM%253D&srno=b_1&findingMethod=ch_vn_laptop_subcategory&affid=wwwmayurd

Suggest me Good Laptop that Handles Development Needs along with GTA 5 at Low to Medium Settings without lag and Playable fps.

Budget is around 30 - 35k.

1. What is your budget? 30,000 - 35,000 INR

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15"

3. What screen resolution do you want? Normal

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement Laptop

5. How much battery life do you need? Around 3 Hrs - Normal

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? GTA 5 on Low, Medium which should be Playable FPS (Lag less)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Software and Web Development

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB No Soft-corner in SDD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Reputed Indian Website - Amzone.in, Flipkart etc.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 5 Years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD Writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. - Exclude Acer :(

13. What country do you live in? India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. N/A

Thanks

sanket91

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014

1. What is your budget? 30,000 - 35,000 INR

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15"

3. What screen resolution do you want? Normal

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement Laptop

5. How much battery life do you need? Around 3 Hrs - Normal

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? GTA 5 on Low, Medium which should be Playable FPS (Lag less)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Software and Web Development

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB No Soft-corner in SDD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Reputed Indian Website - Amzone.in, Flipkart etc.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 5 Years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD Writer

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. - Exclude Acer If Possible :(

13. What country do you live in? India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. N/A

Lutfij

Splendid
^ following up on his post; that was my primary concern. This is what has me bothered about your intended use and budget.

For a lifespan of 5 years, that would be pushing it alot but in my opinion this Lenovo G50-80 Notebook (80E502H4IN) will keep you happy for a long time to come as it comes with a R5-M330 GPU in 2GB which is a step up from the R7-M230 which is better than the GT820M.

The laptop noted previously here has a GT820M

R5-M330 vs GT820M
+
R7-M265 vs GT840M

I would suggest going for any of these two if you can muster the funds:
HP Pavilion 15-p077TX
HP Envy 15-k004TXhttp://www.flipkart.com/hp-envy-15-...00&srno=p_3&query=GT840M&otracker=from-search
though, mind you, the latter 2 are 4th gen core i5 processors as opposed to the Lenovo G50-80's 5th Gen i5 onboard.

With limited numbers/reviews/info and the release of the new R5-M330(probably a re-branded prev gen mobile GPU) that is as far as my suggestions go. I can't suggest anything lower than an i5 as you've stated video and photo editing alongside web development as usually the all rounder package would be to get the i7 with a beefy GPU and you should be set for life(5 years in computer terms :p) provided you perform regular maintenance on the unit to prevent dust build up, overheating and sticking to older software's to prevent undue system load.

You may put forward an argument where the frequencies/clock rates on the R5/R7 are better than the GT840M but in reality real world exposure and testing reveals if that was just a bloated number or a beneficial boost.

My opinion though :)