GTA V crashes as soon as opened

sarthak_agarwal93

Estimable
Jul 8, 2014
Hello guys, First of all thanks in advance for the help you may provide.

Laptop specs -
ASUS ROG GL552JX
Intel i7 - 4750HQ
16GB ram
3TB HDD
Nvidia 950m 4GB Graphics

I recently got a new windows 10 update. My GTA V is not cracked and no mods are installed. I tried running it normally the way i used to earlier. but this time, it simply shut down. I double clicked on the GTA V icon on the desktop, it opened up and within 10 seconds, it shut itself down.
I have no idea what is going on.
Then, I tried updating all the drivers including Nvidia, nothing worked.

Once i rolled back and once disabled the intel graphics driver. in both the cases, the game started but with a hell of a lag. (unable to play).

Then i formatted by laptop and started gta v without installing any drivers. it worked fine and was downloading the game data. Then the windows 10 updates kicked in and it simply crashed again.

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS.
I love the game and want to play it before me college begins.

Solution
Try doing a complete reinstall of windows 10. Don’t do the reset everything button. Just boot install. The update may have corrupted your laptop in some way.

sarthak_agarwal93

Estimable
Jul 8, 2014

I tried that too.. now when i reinstall the game, the download dosent even begin. it shuts down before asked me to sign in to my rockstar account

Suiton20

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015
Try doing a complete reinstall of windows 10. Don’t do the reset everything button. Just boot install. The update may have corrupted your laptop in some way.

Solution