Ajani_

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
My set up is

i3 3220
gtx 950
8gb ram
windows 7 64 bit

I bought a gtx 950 a year ago hoping to play some more modern games on mid to low graphics.

With my gtx 950 and i3 3220 my games run like complete shit on lowest settings.

Games that I play are

Overwatch
Rainbow six siege
battle born
Battle field 1

Ive seen people run games like Rainbow six siege and battlefield 1 with my same setup or lower end run these games on at least decent fps 40fps+. I play on lowest possible settings and they still run very bad. My gpu often has low usage on these games like 50% when playing siege and its often at 0% when idle. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Here is footage of someone playing on ultra Rainbow six siege with i3 2100 gtx 950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_qy0fGTKCQ

My game is not even half as smooth as this on lowest settings with in i3 3220 gtx 950

Solution
Have you noticed his GTX 950 is a Superclocked one? But Battlefield 1 doesnt run well on your PC, because your PC is just not enough. Battlefield 1 needs atleast i5 4690 and GTX 1060 from what ive seen and heard to run 1080p 60fps on Medium-High. And also, theres this thing called "Bottlenecking". I dont see how this could be happening on your PC... But still. Try putting higher graphics in rainbow six siege (Say whaat?) Not alot, not from Low to Max. It COULD give you higher fps. I dont know about Battleborn, and Overwatch should run well-ish on the right settings. But one tip: Try 1600x900 resolution if putting higher graphics doesnt give you a bit more fps.

HighRoLa

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Have you noticed his GTX 950 is a Superclocked one? But Battlefield 1 doesnt run well on your PC, because your PC is just not enough. Battlefield 1 needs atleast i5 4690 and GTX 1060 from what ive seen and heard to run 1080p 60fps on Medium-High. And also, theres this thing called "Bottlenecking". I dont see how this could be happening on your PC... But still. Try putting higher graphics in rainbow six siege (Say whaat?) Not alot, not from Low to Max. It COULD give you higher fps. I dont know about Battleborn, and Overwatch should run well-ish on the right settings. But one tip: Try 1600x900 resolution if putting higher graphics doesnt give you a bit more fps.

Solution

HighRoLa

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Then you have the exact same GPU. hmm... I dont know... What about you try put the exact same settings he has and play that map in terrorist hunt classic which he is playing and look at your fps?