GTX 960M vs 970M for a laptop that is a secondary device?

Ravedous_

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Hello everyone! I own a PC with GTX 980 graphics card and I wanted a laptop as a secondary device for when I occasionally am on the go. Should I buy a laptop that houses the 960M or the 970M? I do not play high graphic games as often, if so I will play them on the pc and not the laptop. And since im occasionally on the go it is not like im gonna use this every day because thats what my PC is for but it isnt portable. And should I limit a budget for the laptop? Because the PC without the setup cost me around $2750. Thanks!

Solution
All your questions are up to you to answer. It's your budget and up to you how well you want the system to play what games.

In general, a 960m based system is fine for a lower to mid gaming quality. It will run any game out now, with the more demanding ones on low settings. In 2-3 years, maybe not. If you want to keep the system to run newer games in a few years, go with a 970m, if you are OK with maybe a few games in the future not running with playable frame rates but want to save $150 or so, go with the 960m.
All your questions are up to you to answer. It's your budget and up to you how well you want the system to play what games.

In general, a 960m based system is fine for a lower to mid gaming quality. It will run any game out now, with the more demanding ones on low settings. In 2-3 years, maybe not. If you want to keep the system to run newer games in a few years, go with a 970m, if you are OK with maybe a few games in the future not running with playable frame rates but want to save $150 or so, go with the 960m.

Solution