Guitar Hero 5 to Nab Songs From Older Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielw719

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
GH5 is gonna rock judging by the so far released set list.

The only bad part is now millions of people are gonna hear Vampire Weekend and claim they know everything about them when I have been listening to them for years :)

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]lifelesspoet[/nom]Are you suggesting Metallica is controlling backwards compatability in guitar hero? You still bought the game, lars is a prick.[/citation]
When I was growing up Metallica was BY FAR my favorite band (80's)

Somewhere (1992) the sold out and became a bunch of flamers. I Despise Lars, he is a whining little bitch. I go out of my way to torrent all their music and pass it to my friends! I never listen to their new junk.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]When I was growing up Metallica was BY FAR my favorite band (80's)Somewhere (1992) the sold out and became a bunch of flamers. I Despise Lars, he is a whining little bitch. I go out of my way to torrent all their music and pass it to my friends! I never listen to their new junk.[/citation]
Have they even made anything new since the late 90's? What a bunch of over the hill wannabes now.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
[citation][nom]chripuck[/nom]Have they even made anything new since the late 90's? What a bunch of over the hill wannabes now.[/citation]
They released a new album earlier this year called Death Magnetic. Still doesn't compare to their good stuff.

Dave_69

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Fuck you, Metallica. Consider yourself pirated.

Have they even made anything new since the late 90's? What a bunch of over the hill wannabes now.

Yeah, their most recent was actually pretty good as far as content goes, but the engineering of the final product is so horribly over-compressed that it makes my $200 ATH headphones sound like stock iPod earbuds (see "loudness wars"). So I went and downloaded the Guitar Hero III version of their album and that fixed some of it, except now I have to listen to it in lossy format, which sucks with high fidelity equipment like mine. Are they going to re-master the album so that it doesn't sound like garbage? No, because that would be Metallica admitting they were wrong about something, which they don't do, no matter how much the fans might clamor for a re-master.

Assholes.

tessalynd

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
I can't believe this wasn't already jumped on.

"Now Guitar Hero 5 is catching up, which will support a **PAID** importation of songs from Guitar Hero World Tour as well as Smash hits."

So you bought them once, but you'll have to pay again to get them to work in the new GH? I'm sick of the nickle and diming.

I'm so done with the GH series. Glad I switched to Rock Band.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Dave_69[/nom]Fuck you, Metallica. Consider yourself pirated.[/citation]
A track by Metallica was the one and only thing I ever downloaded off Napster, my own silent form of protest (no, I didn't even listen to it).

[citation][nom]tessalynd[/nom]So you bought them once, but you'll have to pay again to get them to work in the new GH?[/citation]

Consider this my ignorance of Guitar Hero, but why not just pop-in your old game disk to play the old songs? Sure, its no fun if you're having a gaming session and you have to keep swapping disks because people want different songs, but as far as actual gameplay goes, what is the different between GH1 and GH5 other than graphics and the song-list for someone with one guitar and nothing else?

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]When I was growing up Metallica was BY FAR my favorite band (80's)Somewhere (1992) the sold out and became a bunch of flamers. I Despise Lars, he is a whining little bitch. I go out of my way to torrent all their music and pass it to my friends! I never listen to their new junk.[/citation]
I agree.. I started using this handle on the local BBS's a LONG time ago, only to have them punk and start releasing crap a few years later..

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]I agree.. I started using this handle on the local BBS's a LONG time ago, only to have them punk and start releasing crap a few years later..[/citation]
I pirated the "binge & Purge" Video just last week... the And Justice for all concert was just killer OMG. By far the best concert I ever attended.
If you don't already have it suggest snaggin it... Its got a pretty quick download of the pirate bay LOL.

Dave_69

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
YES! Another fan of "...And Justice for All." I love that album to no end. I could listen to "Eye of the Beholder" every day - I always think to myself that if "V for Vendetta" was set to metal, "Eye of the Beholder" would be the appropriate song.

And then the "black album" rolled around... "hush little baby, don't say a word, and never mind that noise you heard..." - Are you serious????!!! On a "metal" album???!!! LOLOLOLOL

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I was sure the news was about guitar hero having songs from older games like megaman and such...

shame, that would have been cool...

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]Dave_69[/nom]YES! Another fan of "...And Justice for All." I love that album to no end. I could listen to "Eye of the Beholder" every day - I always think to myself that if "V for Vendetta" was set to metal, "Eye of the Beholder" would be the appropriate song.And then the "black album" rolled around... "hush little baby, don't say a word, and never mind that noise you heard..." - Are you serious????!!! On a "metal" album???!!! LOLOLOLOL[/citation]
Oh man, the black album came out when i was grd 11.... All the disbelievers who used to trash Metallica all the sudden have the junk playing everywhere you went, God Sandman sucks. It made me sick!! I hate Metallica for creating the bullshit radio music, sellout bitches… I once really was there biggest fan, until the black album released.

But I dunno what is worse… that Metallica created such garbage mainstream music after Justice or the losers who jumped on board because of it. I don’t know one person who listens to new Metallica anymore..

Metallica is just outdated and if you listen real close you can hear riffs from past songs pieced together, drum beats used before… and Hetfield trying to sing instead of having anger issues… OMG and Newsted even left lol… they got nothing.

amdgamer666

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
[citation][nom]Dave_69[/nom] Yeah, their most recent was actually pretty good as far as content goes, but the engineering of the final product is so horribly over-compressed that it makes my $200 ATH headphones sound like stock iPod earbuds (see "loudness wars"). So I went and downloaded the Guitar Hero III version of their album and that fixed some of it, except now I have to listen to it in lossy format, which sucks with high fidelity equipment like mine. Are they going to re-master the album so that it doesn't sound like garbage? No, because that would be Metallica admitting they were wrong about something, which they don't do, no matter how much the fans might clamor for a re-master.Assholes.[/citation]

omg yeah that pissed me off so much. It's the first album that I didn't pirate cause I thought it was gonna actually be worth the money (and it kinda was) but then there's all this bad mastering shit. Fuck that nonsense, back to pirating for me

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
I think there's a practical solution for old songs appearing in new installments of this game series. Why not allow installation of the older songs to the hard drive, and thus when GH5 is loaded, it scans the drive for the old songs and wala, all old songs plus the new songs in GH5. This is very possible even by just newer GH5 code. And with the X360 and PS3, even the PS2 having hard drives...... Plus they won't have to relicense those old songs. ;)

Dave_69

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
grieve, I'll give you "Sad But True," but only because it sounds a bit like "The Thing That Should Not Be." But that is the only song on the black album that I enjoy. Before that album, Metallica meant something beyond awesome power chords and hearty riffs. They had attitude. They made me want to pump my fist, open the window, and scream at my neighbors "FUCK YEAH!" Then along came the black album and we get this: "Say your prayers, little one, don't forget my son, to include everyone; I tuck you in, warm within, keep you free from sin, till the sandman [he] comes..." WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS THIS???!!! The riff isn't even that cool. Plus they cut their hair. Plus they were on MTV non-stop. Then they did that gawd-awful orchestral-symphony album. No more 10 minute instrumental tracks. No more of words like this: "Drink up! Shoot in! Let the games begin! Distributor of pain, your loss becomes my gaaaaaaaaaaaain! Anger! Misery! You'll suffer unto me!" All this happened OVERNIGHT. I suppose they wanted to finally make some money, and I'm cool with that, but they haven't dropped the Hollywood attitude in 20 years. Get over yourselves please...

So whatever. The new GH5 won't let you back-track the Metallica version. Can I say I'm surprised? No, but it does galvanize my despise of these dickwad fucktards.

Status
Not open for further replies.