Gundam Creator: Games Evil, Killing Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Apparently, he's forgotten about the millions in revenue he pocketed from "evil" games based on his robotic creations.
Yep, that is pretty ironic but the real test is to ask him if he would give up the money he made from those games in order to prove his point: cut the wire and get rid of the games. If he would actually do it, he deserves my respect, otherwise, he's just another hypocrite.

FoShizzleDizzle

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Wow, this guy likes to sound self-important, as if he cares about the state of the planet. How about instead of attacking the current state of gaming he gets off his own lazy butt and make positive contributions to the gaming industry. Running his mouth doesn't help, anyone is capable of being an "armchair quarterback" or so to speak.

FoShizzleDizzle

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Lots of people *say* they give a damn about certain notion or idea for the betterment of society, the world and whatnot. But if you don't demonstrate or show any initiative to proactively work on solutions to the problems you claim exist, you should really go back to making cartoons, because clearly fighting robot cartoons help make the world a better and peaceful place.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
"I think that video games are evil," Tomino told the audience. "[Gaming] is not a type of activity that provides any support to our daily lives, and all these consoles are just consuming electricity! Let's say we have about three billion people on this planet wasting their time, bringing no productivity at all.

This is yet another example of people becoming total ass when they become ridiculously rich. This is like, Michael Moore, who profited millions selling copies of his movies against capitalism under capitalist system, or Clint Eastwood, who profited from gun-fantasy and Western movies and spoke against gun right.

If people do something productive and don't waste their time watching Japanese space-samurai-armor fantasy cartoon of his creation, he would have not gotten rich and given opportunity to speak against his own interest in the first place.

Thank god I stopped watching Gundam after ZZ. The rest are garbage repeating the same thing over and over again.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Before anyone says

"Aren't there those Dynasty Warrior: Gundam games?"

The creator of Mobile Suit Gundam does not have full control of the trade mark as that belongs to Bandai whatever

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Yea yea yea yea... And in the 1940's in the US is was comic books, in the 1950's and 60's it was Rock & Roll, the 70's it was Metal, in the 80's it was Rap and Hip Hop. Now its Video Games.

Im pretty sure Adolf Hitler wasnt playing Video games, neither was Manson, or Temüjin.

BTW, Im pretty sure all the Factories in China and India that produce all the useless plastic garbage for impluse buys, use far more energy then Consoles.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I actually agree with the guy. Video games do nothing for us except waste our time and energy. Time we could spend educating ourselves to better our lives or helping someone less fortunate then ourselves. This nation especially is filled with a spoiled rotten generation. Actually generations, as one generation to the next it's not getting better.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
It's pretty funny watching everyone "defend" video gaming. It almost sounds like when you try to tell a smoker that smoking will kill you, slowly and painfully and they respond with stupid answers like, "It's my body, I'll do what I want with it!" and "Mind your f&^%in business". Jesus guys, don't take it so personal. You know DAMN well you waste COUNTLESS hours spooging over GAMES. Just admit it, your life sucks and need a reason to feel better about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.