Hackers Can Track Your Cellphone Without Your Knowledge

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Cell phone tracing has been around since ever. The difference is that nowadays carriers (and even phone OSes) gather such data to boost advertisement revenue.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]no problem here, they can track me if they want....it's not like they are going to kill me....wait maybe they are, lol....such paranoia[/citation]

Might not be paranoia. If you are a witness to a crime or they think you are? BOOM! Reason to kill you and this helps them.

joet79

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
track my cell phone for what?

lol, this reminded me of many people freaking out about destroying the data in a hard drive... debam it with 3 passes, they will say... then someone comes along whom has erased their data with an accidental full format... and no one know how to recover the data... lol

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Christopher1[/nom]Might not be paranoia. If you are a witness to a crime or they think you are? BOOM! Reason to kill you and this helps them.[/citation]
ok....now let me go get a gun and move to Texas....wait, no need

Status
Not open for further replies.