Half-Life 3 May Be Delayed Over Mo-Cap Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
In the past, the first game that actually featured Source was Counter Strike Source. Half Life 2 came out after CS: Source. Base on the recent DOTA 2 fan's photography of the Valve's computer log, we knew Source 2 and L4D3 are in progress which could mean, the first Source 2 game will be L4D3. I am fairly certain Valve is working on HL3 and I am betting the game will be much larger, perhaps more like an RPG since HL2 format is no longer sufficient and generally, HL2 is very rich that can support RPG.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
valve is like the new blizzard now that the blizzard we knew and loved got its soul bought out by blizzard, they take forever to release titles, but they have yet to release anything tha tisn't good

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Half life 1 was about the graphics for me back then , the game itself was like doom , Unless they make it like farcry 3 and really change the way the game acts then I dont think anyone really wants it. Make Portal 3 Instead , Thats a real game.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
g00fysmiley how are valve anything like blizzard? they are about as anti-blizzard as any AAA gaming company can be.

They waited a stupidly long time before they released half-life 2 and has to be one of the only games to actually be as good as the hype behind it after such a long development.

Half life isnt about the graphics for me at all, it has great story lines and never takes itself too seriously, theres always some good humour in there and just genuinly a pleasure to play.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
HL3 isn't going to happen any more than any of us have a shot at dating the next SI Swimsuit Edition cover model. Let's just acknowledge it and move on for God's sake. As much as I want it. Stop wasting time and internet bandwidth on speculation BS.

Icecweam7

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
When its ready Valve will share, however, we may all have grand children by the time anything official gets released. In the meantime I'll have lots of fun playing other games that are out now.

thenewnumber2

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
I agree with you, computertech82. The arrival of HL3 will be anticlimatic at this point. My anticipation for the game has long ago run out of "Steam" (Valve joke!).

thenewnumber2

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
I agree with you, computertech82. The arrival of HL3 will be anticlimatic at this point. My anticipation for the game has long ago run out of "Steam" (Valve joke!).

Status
Not open for further replies.