Halo 4 Confirmed By Microsoft Ahead of E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

endif

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
I am sorry but I have always thought of Halo is to Any PC shooter as the Special Olympics is to the Olympics. Now its just over-milked like the CoD series.

Don't get me wrong though, I do hope that they come out with some kind of new twist to keep the FPS train rolling.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
The biggest news is that of new addition to the Halo franchise. Microsoft’s E3 landing page has revealed that Halo 4 is on the way
With Bungie tied to Craptivision, it will be interesting to see which developer is chosen to fill the giant shoes of the Halo developer.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]SpadeM[/nom]... you don't say ...[/citation]

[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]Nintendo?[/citation]

Oops, thanks, guys! Should be all fixed now. :)

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
...and while Sony is at least waiting until this evening to announce the Wii 2...
Maybe it was a reference to the Move? My friends and I all call it the "Playstation Wii".
Much more likely it was author/editor fail. =P

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
God, I hate how Activision has turned Call of Duty into an annual release and saturate the brand and they just keep churning out games to make money and that's all they care about--

--wait, what? There's a new Halo game? Awesome! It's about f---ing time!!!!

G

"and while Sony is at least waiting until this evening to announce the Wii 2"

soooooo it would appear it was Sony who hacked Nintendo then....... lol

G

@rohitbaran: They already have announced who is developing Halo games from now on. Microsoft created a game division called 343 that will handle all Halo development now that Bungie has left.

@endif: Halo isn't nearly as milked as the CoD franchise. In the last nine years Halo has had five games released under it's name and two more possibly on the way. In the last six years CoD has had five games released with at least three more rumored to be in production right now.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]With Bungie tied to Craptivision, it will be interesting to see which developer is chosen to fill the giant shoes of the Halo developer.[/citation]

343 Industries, a Microsoft subsidiary with a number of former key Bungie employees. That was announced in 2010, when Bungie announced that Reach would be their last Halo game.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]endif[/nom]I am sorry but I have always thought of Halo is to Any PC shooter as the Special Olympics is to the Olympics. Now its just over-milked like the CoD series.Don't get me wrong though, I do hope that they come out with some kind of new twist to keep the FPS train rolling.[/citation]
I'd have to disagree to an extent. COD has a new release every year - with the same formula slightly rehashed each release. Short campaign with predictable (and stale) storyline, previous release multiplayer remixed, followed by several map packs at $15 a piece, and coupled with a purchase price that just doesn't budge.

Halo has ample time in between releases, is actually known for a decent single player campaign, fairly good multiplayer, doesn't get milked later on with DLC that SHOULD HAVE BEEN in the game in the first place, and can be found in the bargain bin a couple years later.

I have no problem buying a cash-cow series as long as it is justified instead of overly-hyped and under-delivered each release. I look forward to what Halo 4 has to offer.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]matt_b[/nom]I'd have to disagree to an extent. COD has a new release every year - with the same formula slightly rehashed each release. Short campaign with predictable (and stale) storyline, previous release multiplayer remixed, followed by several map packs at $15 a piece, and coupled with a purchase price that just doesn't budge. Halo has ample time in between releases, is actually known for a decent single player campaign, fairly good multiplayer, doesn't get milked later on with DLC that SHOULD HAVE BEEN in the game in the first place, and can be found in the bargain bin a couple years later.I have no problem buying a cash-cow series as long as it is justified instead of overly-hyped and under-delivered each release. I look forward to what Halo 4 has to offer.[/citation]

so by your logic if a sequel to the game which turns out to be exactly the same game as the last one is released a few years later as opposed to the same game gets released every year it is ok?

thats some FAIL right there

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]endif[/nom]I am sorry but I have always thought of Halo is to Any PC shooter as the Special Olympics is to the Olympics. Now its just over-milked like the CoD series.Don't get me wrong though, I do hope that they come out with some kind of new twist to keep the FPS train rolling.[/citation]
The main positives that the Halo games had was the editor and camera. Most games left this out, and the only console games I remember that had an editor were a few playstation 1 games. It's not a serious editor like the Source SDK, but more FPS styled games should include an editor.

G

Besides the fact that the Halo and CoD franchises continue to be successful because they know what gamers are looking for (for the most part) in a game they are both guilty of milking the pockets of gamers. Halo: ODST, was fun, but short lived. It did not offer a new type of multi-player, it just included all the multi-player DLC from the previous halo. If you bought the DLC, you had no choice of buying just the new campaign which should of been sold as a expansion rather than a new game. CoD indirectly milks gamers into buying DLC by kicking you out into the multi-player lobby since the group that you are with is load a map that requires the DLC. After playing rounds with a good group you get a map you don't have and off to the lobby you go (unless this has been address now). Not having the DLC should not degrade the user experience of a game!

Hey though, maybe they'll get Halo 4 right, 4th time's a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.