hard disk keeps on after shutdown my laptop

norouzi4d

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Hi ,
My Hard disk is keep on after shutting down my Asus k550jx laptop. After shutting down my laptop with all the light off I have heard a sound from my laptop.I have noticed that is from my hard disk .after shutting it down it is even using battery.
I have also installed all my driver from asus support center. and even tried differnet oses but nothing works . what should i do?
thanks alot

Solution
Well, as the laptop behaves the same way with Ubuntu, then I would agree with jsmithepa and say that it has some hardware problem.

Is it under warranty? In case it is, you can just contact the manufactuer's Support on that and eventually RMA it.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there norouzi4d,

Are you sure you are shutting down the laptop? (make sure it is not in hibernation, sleep, etc.) How do you shut it down?

I don't really think that a drive could keep on spinning, after the system shuts down.
Can you provide a video of the whole thing?

Cheers,

norouzi4d

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

norouzi4d

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Thanks for your resposne.
Yes . it really shuts down(before i noticed this kind of thing). my original os is windows 10 64 bit . there are some some light that shows the status of the hard and system they are off too. The only thing that is on is my hard disk. I have tried ubuntu and debian but the problem keeps on. Also changed the fast boot option in windows and bios and no hope:(.
I have also reformat the hard drive but nothing happens. I have tested the hard ware with everest and hwinfo they show the system is its healthy state. Is there anything i should test or try?
And also thanks for your respones:) it gives me hope

norouzi4d

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

Thanks for your response . yes really shuts down but hard disk on with light inicator of hard disk off too and i have never seen it before myself.

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Well, as the laptop behaves the same way with Ubuntu, then I would agree with jsmithepa and say that it has some hardware problem.

Is it under warranty? In case it is, you can just contact the manufactuer's Support on that and eventually RMA it.

Cheers,

Solution

norouzi4d

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

thanks for your response.
Yes it is under warranty. i just wanted to know the problem instead of erasing the problem.thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS