Hard Drive issue

georgin

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
It seems that I might have some kind of physical issue with the drive. But I´m still not 100% sure.
First my laptop was dropped few times recently. Then one day it went blue screen. I was unable to boot or go even safe more or command promp. I made it a external drive, i was able to access the files. Then I did run chkdsk and it got interrupted for a certain reason im not going to explain here.
Now hard drive files are not accesable, the disk seems raw, nothing boot, unable to install new win and asks me to fotmat it.
What makes me think it might be physical damage is that Im able to access only like 2000 files with TestDisk. Does it mean it is physical damage? My logic is saying so because TestDisk does not need a good/fixed file system to acces those files like windows need?
Also the sound my drive is doing is not normal I think. It is clicking but only after every 5 seconds or so.
Any advice or has anyone experienced something like that? I would like to recover some .jpg-s from that drive but I was able to recover only 8 of them but there is like 500 or so that I need.

Also, lets say if the reading head is stuck to platter it should not read any data at all? Or is it possible it is not stuck, but it is just not moving and thats why it only can access so less data and can read only one spin cycle??

Sry for bad English.

georgin

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
Vembutech, what disks are you reffering to? I scanned a certain disk on hard drive where I know the data is located that I need. What other disks could be holding those files?

georgin

Estimable
Jan 30, 2015
ok, then.
I do not have warranty anymore. But does that mean it is certainly hardware problem when I was able to recover only some data. Should TestDisk access all of it when hard drive is fine or I could also try other recovery software? Of course will not try to write anything there with it.

TRENDING THREADS