Hard drive not showing up in an Acer Predator 17x

Ecomoney4

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
Evening everyone. I just got a laptop delivered today. It's an Acer Predator 17x model GX-792-703D. I bought it from Acer refurbished http://www.ebay.com/itm/262979962398 (yes that's a risky proposition), but besiedes a small light bleed spot the laptop is immaculate and works great. Well my problem came up when I started to download Steam and all my games. Everything was saving to Acer drive "C" which said it was already at 190 of 490 gigs. Well in the specs this laptop is supposed to have a 1 TB HDD + 512 GB SSD drive. It looks like I'm missing the entire HDD drive! I opened up the small quick access port that reveals the SSD, RAM, and HDD drive and there it was. It was connnected as was the ram and SSD but it won't show up in my storage options under PC settings. I'm a bit bummed because as I said everything else works and don't really want to return it but I'm not going to accept an entire 1 TB drive not working. Maybe I'm missing something? Do I have to use all of the SSD storge before I use the TB drive?? If anyone can pose suggestions or fixes it is MUCH apprciated !!!!!

Ecomoney4

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017

Ok I opened device manager and under Disk drives 3 things were listed. The Samsung SSD is listed 2 times and then there is a third device labeled "HGST.........". When I opened the back up the HHD drive was an HGST brand device so it looks like it's showing up BUT I'm still not seeing it as a storage option under devices and drives.

Ecomoney4

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
I did some more digging in device manager and the HHD drive will populate and compute the correct amount of space but I don't know what to do next. It still wont show up in my devices and drives. I also tried to update the driver, that was all up to date, I tried to uninstall and reinstall it and that finished the process and no changes either.

Ecomoney4

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/Ecomoney4/library/

The first two are of disk management. I can see it there as drive 2 but it has no lettter and isn't in the top 3 choices. Also I haven't gotten any errors. It's like it's there but not there.

aniketbhatt88

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017

I am facing the same problem and my disk management looks exactly the same as the screenshot earlier. Where should i right click? If i right click on the 1 GB it just says help like wise for the other one