Hard Reset by itself

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi,
My XDA O2 hard reset by itself.
Can someone advise me what should I do??

Thanks
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"James Poh" <jamespoh@starhub.net.sg> wrote in message
news:Okg81VXwEHA.3824@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> My XDA O2 hard reset by itself.
> Can someone advise me what should I do??
>
> Thanks
>
>

Restore the contents from your backup?

Or make sure you do bacxk the machine uo in the future so that you can
restore from a full backup when needed.

And don't allow the battery to get fully discharged in the future. Or do you
mean that the machines battery was charged at the time of the reset?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi Alan,
I have done my backup.
But just feel that if the unit is spoil if it hard reset by itself!!

It happen during my normal usage. the battery is not fully charge or low.
But i always charge my device watever I have the chance. Will that cause the
issue?

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
news:cma73h$1nf$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> "James Poh" <jamespoh@starhub.net.sg> wrote in message
> news:Okg81VXwEHA.3824@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> > My XDA O2 hard reset by itself.
> > Can someone advise me what should I do??
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
>
> Restore the contents from your backup?
>
> Or make sure you do bacxk the machine uo in the future so that you can
> restore from a full backup when needed.
>
> And don't allow the battery to get fully discharged in the future. Or do
you
> mean that the machines battery was charged at the time of the reset?
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Please follow the flow of the conversation. Jumping up then down, then up
again makes a conversation hard to follow. I've reordered your message this
time.


"James Poh" <jamespoh@starhub.net.sg> wrote in message
news:%23$zXnrgwEHA.3096@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:cma73h$1nf$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
> >
> > "James Poh" <jamespoh@starhub.net.sg> wrote in message
> > news:Okg81VXwEHA.3824@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi,
> > > My XDA O2 hard reset by itself.
> > > Can someone advise me what should I do??
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Restore the contents from your backup?
> >
> > Or make sure you do bacxk the machine uo in the future so that you can
> > restore from a full backup when needed.
> >
> > And don't allow the battery to get fully discharged in the future. Or do
> you
> > mean that the machines battery was charged at the time of the reset?
> >
> >
>
> Hi Alan,
> I have done my backup.
> But just feel that if the unit is spoil if it hard reset by itself!!
>
> It happen during my normal usage. the battery is not fully charge or low.
> But i always charge my device watever I have the chance. Will that cause
the
> issue?
>

How frequently does this occur?

A spontaneous reset has only happened to me once shortly after getting my
machine, it may have been that I was installing and removing lots of
programs to try them, and learning (messing about a lot) the OS.
Does it happen on the machine in 'out of box' condition too? If not you may
have an errant/incompatible program, if it does then it may be the machine
(or your handling/use of it).
If it is a frequent occurrence on a fairly settled machine consider trying
to get a replacement if still under warranty.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:5g5ko0ttnco3hchf5kdkr8s2mg70uuhhl0@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:19:11 +0800, "James Poh"
> <jamespoh@starhub.net.sg> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >My XDA O2 hard reset by itself.
> >Can someone advise me what should I do??
>
> Spontaneous hard reset is an issue with iPAQ's. These articles from
> the Google archive may be helpful:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6yu3c
> http://tinyurl.com/7x5a4
>
> A_C
>

2 postings makes it an issue with the iPAQ? I bet if you got enough
responses there'd be 2 of each make.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:39:18 -0000, AlanS wrote:

>> Spontaneous hard reset is an issue with iPAQ's. These articles from
>> the Google archive may be helpful:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6yu3c
>> http://tinyurl.com/7x5a4
>>
>> A_C
>>
>
> 2 postings makes it an issue with the iPAQ? I bet if you got enough
> responses there'd be 2 of each make.

I've been using Dell Axims since they came out two years ago. I never had
a spontaneous hard reset.

I run all sorts of programs including TSRs and utilities. Sounds to me like
HP needs to tweak up their version of the OS.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Agent_C <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in
news:5g5ko0ttnco3hchf5kdkr8s2mg70uuhhl0@4ax.com:

> Spontaneous hard reset is an issue with iPAQ's


Not on mine. not even when I drained the battery down to 5%.



~S.




--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/HPWMK3SE/petition.html
13033 Total Signatures on Friday, Oct. 29th 2004!
HP 'Windows Mobile 2003 SE Support' Forum:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=641503
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY