Hard reset Failed to boot drive.

Jun 8, 2018
So I have a Acer Aspire E15.
And I decided to do a hard reset as it was running slow so after doing so.
When the computer starts up it shows the acer logo (No loading circle) and then the screen goes blank (stays like this until turned off.)

I've checked the boot order and it's correct.
I've booted it in legacy mode and it says no bootable disc found.
I have done much research before and I'm led to believe that the hard reset may of uninstalled windows which I hope is not the case.

Solution

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Yes, the hard reset might have corrupted some important OS files that is required for boot. You need to Reinstall a OS to be able to use the computer again You can recover your data using a rescue CD or any Live Linux...

Jun 8, 2018

How would I get said CD?

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

There are several rescue disc, one of them is Kaspersky Rescue Disc. You just need to burn the Disk Image to a CD/DVD or USB and boot from the medium... You can also get these CD's from a local IT store.

Jun 8, 2018

Last question if let's say I did burn it onto a usb drive, will I be able to recover the sun for normal use?

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

I am assuming you meant OS (instead of SUN), yeah maybe the rescue CD will be able to repair the files but my best bet would be to recover all the needed data to a HDD (or large enough USB) and Reinstall the OS...

Jun 8, 2018

I was ment to say usb but I miss spelled and auto corrected.
Will I be able to restore the usb back into it's original condition?

Seyed22Shaheen

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

I dont quiet understand that question. Are you trying to say "if you burn the ISO and use it as a rescue disk, will you be able to use it as a storage again?" the answer would be "yes", a simple format will do it.

Solution