HardDisk Security Lock

curiositykilled

Estimable
Aug 20, 2015
I have a gateway ne722 windows 8.1 64bits and I stupidly removed my hard drive to try it on an asus laptop windows 8. The asus hard drive had a hdd lock. I put the asus hard drive into the gateway. I messed with both laptops bios. The asus hard drive would not work in the gateway but the gateway hard drive is working fine in the asus. I put the gateway hard drive back into the gateway and the asus hard drive back into the asus. I turn on the gateway and HardDisk Security SATA Port O TOSHIBA MQD1ABDO5O Lock was on my screen. When I had the asus hard drive in the gateway messing with the bios I set passwords. The passwords are all the same. I tried the password I set up in bios but no luck. I am the original owner of the gateway. I never made a recovery or systems image disk I only made a repair disk. I also never backed it up. I am in need of some help PLEASE ANYBODY. How can I fix or is it even fixable...?

Solution
You can't just put the drive back in the system you set the password in and remove the password in the BIOS? If you can't, you need to contact the vendor of the laptop to sort things out, Tom's forum's also have a policy of not allowing questions about hacking passwords or bypassing security measures.
You can't just put the drive back in the system you set the password in and remove the password in the BIOS? If you can't, you need to contact the vendor of the laptop to sort things out, Tom's forum's also have a policy of not allowing questions about hacking passwords or bypassing security measures.

Solution

curiositykilled

Estimable
Aug 20, 2015
Oh by the way I never stated that I wanted any solution to hacking passwords or bypassing security measures. I just wanted to know if it could be fixed . I have all the passwords so I don't need any hacking help....I just need someone to help point me in the right direction but I see I was wrong for coming to Tom'sGuide.

We could tell you how to try to get the drives unlocked, but not on how to get around the locked drive if you can't manage to do that.