HardDrive Not Detected

tammyfatcats

Estimable
Aug 17, 2015
I have a Dell Inspiron 3520 and now every time I start the computer, it says "internal hard disk drive not found to resolve issue, try to reseat the drive." I ran the PSA on there and everything has a check on everything except for the hard drive which is a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point in it. So I went on YouTube and my laptop's manual on how to open it up to reseat it. I did that, but the problem still occurred. Also, my hard drive isn't making any of that clicking/grinding noise. At this point of the story, I was confused about what happened (I still am). It seems like every time I looked for help on the internet there's always some type of new hard drive, noises, a dropping involved in other stories. My hard drive been in my computer ever since I got it and I don't recall any dropping noise. I have a Drivers and Utilities disc, but unfortunately I don't know how to use it. Plus, my data is important for educational reasons (school is about to begin). Another thing before I go, before this happened to my laptop I was carrying it around in my backpack for almost a day. Maybe that has a connection somehow. Anyways that's all.

Solution
take the drive out & connect to a computer as a secondary drive to see if the computer see the hard drive & if so to save your data. as the drive is most likely sata based then use sata data & power cables to connect it to the computer. I do this all the time when working on customers' conputers.

ffg7

Splendid
take the drive out & connect to a computer as a secondary drive to see if the computer see the hard drive & if so to save your data. as the drive is most likely sata based then use sata data & power cables to connect it to the computer. I do this all the time when working on customers' conputers.

Solution

tammyfatcats

Estimable
Aug 17, 2015
I know this is a late response, but I cannot get the right chord at the moment to make my HDD a Secondary Drive. Is it possible I can go into the BIOS and change the Sata Operation to ATA from AHCI (I think that's the name) ? Or is that going to be a risky decision?

TRENDING THREADS