Hardrive making noise

Gurpartap_1

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
i had recently bought a acer aspire T 705 only like two weeks ago. its hard disk has been making a weired noise. like the fan is making a weired noise, i have a 2TB at 5400 rom HD. could it be that the fan is running too fast. or could it be a faulty HD. the computer is brand new, its a corei5. please help me......

Solution
If I bought something and it didn't work right, I would take it back not try to fix it for them.
I'm not trying to be rude or anything but why waste your time and energy trying to fix something when you can return it for less hassle.

popatim

Splendid
If I bought something and it didn't work right, I would take it back not try to fix it for them.
I'm not trying to be rude or anything but why waste your time and energy trying to fix something when you can return it for less hassle.

Solution

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Gurpartap_1,

The first thing you need to do is to back up the data stored on the drive until you sort this out.

What do you mean by weird noise? Is it just loud spinning or some clicking, clunking, etc.? Does this happen all the time or only during boot?
In case it sounds like the HDD is spinning loud, you can go to Resource Monitor and see whether you have high disk usage and what is causing it.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)