Hardware Acceleration Issues

Aug 16, 2018
When I turn on hardware acceleration in Google Chrome, my tabs flicker when I try to resize them. However, if I turn it off, my videos are choppy with lag spikes every few seconds.
Specs:
Processors: Intel Core i7-8750H, GTX 1070 Max-Q
Ram: 16GB

Solution
Other browsers work just fine which is weird, but I need to use Google Chrome for school-related work. I dug a little deeper into the problem and realized it was a problem with my processors. Using integrated Intel graphics makes the video choppy no matter if hardware acceleration is turned on or off. Switching to nVidia resulted in choppy video with hardware acceleration turned off. With it on, videos are fine, but resizing tabs causes screen to flicker and tear. Any other solutions?

Aug 16, 2018
Other browsers work just fine which is weird, but I need to use Google Chrome for school-related work. I dug a little deeper into the problem and realized it was a problem with my processors. Using integrated Intel graphics makes the video choppy no matter if hardware acceleration is turned on or off. Switching to nVidia resulted in choppy video with hardware acceleration turned off. With it on, videos are fine, but resizing tabs causes screen to flicker and tear. Any other solutions?

Solution