Harmon Kardon...creative Z.. no bass

guyguerilla

Prominent
May 19, 2017
Would Harmon Kardon Sound sticks III creative Z . no matter what i do the bass is coming out of the sticks and not the octopus ... HELP ...

Solution
Since the speaker is working fine on another computer then that narrows things down to computer at hand.

Can understand that it would be naturally expected that the Creative Soundblaster Z series would support the Harvey Kordon Creative Z speakers.

Take a closer look at the plug (pinouts) between the Creative Sounblaster Z series soundcard and the Havey Kordon connections. Be sure that the necessary physical/electrical connectivity is in place and that sound card is correctly configured to support that connectivity.

Take a look at the laptop's sound/audio configuration. And compare (as best you can) its settings to those of the computer where the bass is going to just the sticks. May find a clue in any differences between the...
"no matter what i do".....?

Does the Kardon bass/octopus work properly on other computers or other sound sources?

Are you sure you have the correct cables and plugs (i.e., TS, TRS, TRRS)? Did you try other cables?

What sound card to you have? Did you double check all of the various "Playback device" settings that can be found by right-clicking the speaker icon (probably lower right screen corner)? There are many configuration options available. Verify that you are using the correct audio port.

Since the speaker is working fine on another computer then that narrows things down to computer at hand.

Can understand that it would be naturally expected that the Creative Soundblaster Z series would support the Harvey Kordon Creative Z speakers.

Take a closer look at the plug (pinouts) between the Creative Sounblaster Z series soundcard and the Havey Kordon connections. Be sure that the necessary physical/electrical connectivity is in place and that sound card is correctly configured to support that connectivity.

Take a look at the laptop's sound/audio configuration. And compare (as best you can) its settings to those of the computer where the bass is going to just the sticks. May find a clue in any differences between the respective audio configuration settings.

Solution