Elle__

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Hi. I think I know the answer, but want a second opinion. I bought a Hauppauge DVR months ago and used it with my computer, being able to watch TV on my computer while watching the same thing on my TV. My TV recently died so I need to replace it. I can't watch TV on my computer because I use it for non-TV stuff. If I were to get a laptop [multifunctional, compared to a TV], would I be able to use it as a TV if it's connected to the DVR [and the DVR is connected to the cable box]..

There was a similar post, but I don't know if the original poster had anything, thus people mentioned needing a tuner, so not the same exact situation I'm in.

Thank you

Elle__

Commendable
Dec 16, 2016
Sorry for not responding sooner.. Cable box <> multi-colored cords & Hauppauge & USB <> laptop = picture. So, no, I wouldn't say it was directly connected to the monitor

Yeah!! That's what I have, the PVR!! Now hopefully it still works, it took a few tumbles off my [waist high] dresser to the carpet, and I haven't used it in months because the computer it was connected to was on the other side of the room, so I'd keep tripping over the USB, thus knocking the PVR.. That's what I was thinking, it would work without a TV.. Cross your fingers!! Now for a belated holiday present!!