Have a picture but no sound when I use my Amazon Fire stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karley

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
When I use my Amazon Fire Stick, there's picture but no sound.

Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
First of all, does the HDMI port the firestick is plugged into say DVI or Monitor or PC? If so, this port has no audio through the HDMI port.

Surround systems are hooked up via 1 of 2 methods.

Method 1 - TV is output only:
Equipment is plugged into surround sound receiver via HDMI, the surround receiver then outputs video via HDMI. For this setup you need to plug the firestick into the surround receiver.

Method 2 - Audio out to Receiver:
Equipment plugged into TV HDMI ports, then the TV outputs audio via either optical toslink connection or RCA (older white/red plug cable) to the audio input on receiver.
For this setup, the firestick should be plugged into the normal HDMI port on the TV, and the TV should already be configured to...

elbert

Distinguished
Try Restarting Your Device First. Restarting your device can resolve many issues. just disconnect the power cord (from the back of the device or from the power outlet for 60 seconds), and then plug it back in.

Make sure the audio on your TV isn't muted.
If your device is connected to an AV receiver, make sure the receiver is on.
From the Home screen, go to Settings > Display & Sounds > Dolby Digital Output and make sure Dolby Digital Plus is set to OFF.
Unplug and reconnect the HDMI cable connecting Fire TV device to your TV. You may need to try a different HDMI cable.

elbert

Distinguished
First of all, does the HDMI port the firestick is plugged into say DVI or Monitor or PC? If so, this port has no audio through the HDMI port.

Surround systems are hooked up via 1 of 2 methods.

Method 1 - TV is output only:
Equipment is plugged into surround sound receiver via HDMI, the surround receiver then outputs video via HDMI. For this setup you need to plug the firestick into the surround receiver.

Method 2 - Audio out to Receiver:
Equipment plugged into TV HDMI ports, then the TV outputs audio via either optical toslink connection or RCA (older white/red plug cable) to the audio input on receiver.
For this setup, the firestick should be plugged into the normal HDMI port on the TV, and the TV should already be configured to output all audio to an external source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

Stuart_25

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

Stuart_25

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
Sorry Matey, but it doesn't work.
"New model" firestick into Panasonic TX P42VT30 Plasma 2013 S/sound from TV via its Optical Output - Nothing
Forget about the S/sound and there is no sound at all from the TV. I've had this ****** thing since Thursday 6th (the release date) and I haven't had any sound from it at all. Tried both Amazon and Panasonic contact and help pages, but nothing comes back. I'm ready to throw it in the fish pond or the tip. Any ideas PLEASE Stu.

coolhanddavy

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
Onkyo TX-NR777 receiver, Samsung TV, and Fire(box) - hooked fire TV up to internet (ethernet), power, and one HDMI from Fire to receiver (HDMI in), one from receiver to TV (HDMI out).

TV control now has ability to indentify Fire TV, and when Fire TV source is selected, able to use Fire TV remote to Navigate. Receiver used to control sound source.

Summary: Receiver controls sound, TV controls source, Fire remote controls content.

russellrgreene

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

I went into input, selected input 1 then went to tools, and re-named the HDMI Input to DVD. Went back to check my amazon stick and sound had returned.

tasokwankosi

Prominent
Nov 19, 2017
I started having this issue today and all I did to go to another input and then return to the fire stick input and voila!! It worked for me oddly enough, easy and painless! Looks like some of you are having more complex issues than I had so this may not work for you but good luck nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.