Have anti-virus softwares become pointless?

MiloshDr

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
I read that modern day viruses have gotten so advanced that it can bypass the most sophisticated anti-virus software's, embed into the system and infect everything without you ever knowing it and that formatting or even reinstalling windows won't cut it if you plan on becoming virus free.

Don't know if that article is there to scare the living out of people or is it true? Anyways I have never gotten a virus in years probably because I know mostly which sites I go into and what's safe to download most of the time. If my anti-virus is a waste of space would you ever recommend me uninstalling it?

Solution

Viruses that can infect you even with a good anti-virus program are rare, I guess if you get one of those, then your anti-virus program...

LB23

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Even the worst antiviruse is better than nothing. Yes viruses are getting more sneaky but why would you go without anything? Thats like saying condoms are only 99% so why bother. A link to the story would tell us better on if you should trust it or if its just click bait. Sounds more like click bait to me.

Viruses that can infect you even with a good anti-virus program are rare, I guess if you get one of those, then your anti-virus program can be useless. This is like driving around without a seat-belt on because if you get hit by a loaded semi truck at 100mph you will die anyway. How often does something like that happen? So you have airbags and a seat-belt for most of the crashes that happen at lower speed that don't instantly kill you.

Solution