Have tv without bluetooth - how can it work with my new bluetooth hearing aids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW2212

Estimable
Jul 23, 2015
My new hearing aids use bluetooth - but my tv appears to lack this because I can't hear it with the new aids. I usually plug headphones in the tv, but was hoping to just use the hearing aids.
What would I need to purchase to make the tv work with the new hearing aids?
Thanks for any help!

Jojo5

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
My TV is Panasonic. The manual that came with has 4 model numbers listed. TC-P42ST30, TC-P46ST30,
TC-P50ST30, & TC-P55ST30. I've no clue which one I have

Dave04

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
Hi
I doubt that your hearing aids work directly with Bluetooth enabled TVs. You need a transmitter/streamer that can be worn around your neck or carried in your pocket.
Regards

Bigtallhat

Prominent
Jun 18, 2017
I think you can purchase a streaming device (dongle) for about $30 + which will plug into the tv/ sterio/ car etc. This will enable you to pick up the sound through bluetooth.
There are quite a few utubes on it and how to do it.
I am also looking at Chromecast at the moment as an option to listen to sound in auditoriums etc.
All the best
I hope this helps...

Cassie8

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
Hi,
I was so happy I was able to set up my bluetooth Unitron 2 streaming device with my new Samsung smart TV; with the related small device I wear around my neck while watching, I hear much better. The charging base for the Unitron is connected to my TV. (Sorry I'm not better with the tech terminology.)

BUT so far I have not been able to get the same device working when I call up my Amazon prime video app via the TV's Smart Hub; and I don't see a setting option in the Hub to tell it to recognize bluetooth (my streaming thing) though it's working with regular TV functions.

Somewhere I read someone set up a special link in github to allow access to hidden bluetooth option in the Hub (or was it the Amazon app?) but I was a bit afraid to try that approach and can't find it again anyway.

I don't know if this helps or not but thought I'd mention it. Also, my Unitron 2 was between $100-200 but maybe there's a cheaper version, good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Audio 1
K Audio 3
S Audio 4
Dgj123 Audio 1
B Audio 0
D Audio 0
K Audio 4
G Audio 3
J Audio 2