Have you ever been ignored by tom's guide?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

beckyhan

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
Hi, I know tom's guide offers a platform for developers to upload their app. Have you ever successfully uploaded your app to the platform? Especially those individual developers.

I have this doubt cuz I have contacted them for over three time for the app submission request over last two months. But no response. No thank you, no sorry. Just nothing.

So I wonder does anyone have similar experience with me? Or can at least someone from tom's guide offer a little tiny explanation about this? Thanks.

Solution
I see what the issue is now. No, just because we offer downloads does not mean that we accept individual submissions. We are in no way obligated to upload your apps, and nowhere do we make any mention that we will accept submissions. The downloads offered are put up at the sole discretion of the editors and upper management, and are offered as a free service; we are not an app distribution platform, and make no claims to be. We don't have the time or resources to review individual submissions, which is why we don't offer that option. I thought we might have mistakenly put up something alluding to such, but it seems that you made that assumption yourself.

beckyhan

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

Hi, FUD is short for? Any comment or suggestion on Coolphone is welcomed. We are collecting feedback to improve the app. If we can get any advice from professions like you, that will be too great.:D

beckyhan

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

By the way, I think we got a little far from the main focus. I just have one big question that since tom's guide have download platform, then is there any requirements for an app to be listed at this platform? I mean what are the criteria that your editors have used for picking up the app?

I believe an influential platform like tom's guide must be fair for every developer. Looking forward to your reply.

I see what the issue is now. No, just because we offer downloads does not mean that we accept individual submissions. We are in no way obligated to upload your apps, and nowhere do we make any mention that we will accept submissions. The downloads offered are put up at the sole discretion of the editors and upper management, and are offered as a free service; we are not an app distribution platform, and make no claims to be. We don't have the time or resources to review individual submissions, which is why we don't offer that option. I thought we might have mistakenly put up something alluding to such, but it seems that you made that assumption yourself.

Solution

beckyhan

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

Ok, I got it. If this is the real case, I think I can close this thread (But I do not know how to mark this question as solved). And sorry for the wrong assumption that I have made. Although I am a little disappointed, but anyway, thanks for the work that all you guys have made on this issue and thanks for attention that tom's guide forum has given to common people, like me.