Having a hard time getting my Nexus 5 smartphone to mirror on my projector

hodorhodorhodor

Estimable
Aug 26, 2014
Hey guys,

I've been having an issue over this past weekend on getting my Android phone to mirror on an Android powered projector. From what I've read into and what I've searched for, technically the mirroring should work. Both units are running unrooted firmware and both recognize one another on the phone as well as on the projector.

I used the stock mirroring software that was on the Nexus as well as the Android projector called WiFi Display. The app recognized the phone easily and the phone did the same as well. When it came to connect, both connected with no snags but that was where I had trouble afterwards. I was unable to mirror the image onto the screen. I don't know if I need to do an additional step. I'm rather new to mirroring a device and need some help. Both units are on the same wifi connection so there should be no issues there. I have made a video to document my problem and to make it easier to follow and understand the issue that I am having.

Thank you for the help! I appreciate it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQooaDHDFU

Solution
Mirroring is relatively new technology and based on my previous experiences, if the software for mirroring on your projector is different to software on your smart phone, then it will not work, though technically it should. I suggest you to search android software with has all the features you want and download it on smart phone and your andorid projector and try to mirror. Try with a free app first to test. I think this will help you resolve the challenge.
Sep 3, 2014
Mirroring is relatively new technology and based on my previous experiences, if the software for mirroring on your projector is different to software on your smart phone, then it will not work, though technically it should. I suggest you to search android software with has all the features you want and download it on smart phone and your andorid projector and try to mirror. Try with a free app first to test. I think this will help you resolve the challenge.

Solution