Having doubts about my purchase

ziggs57

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I do programming and IT work. Going to grad school now. I bought a ROG Strix GL502(newest model). I paid over 2000 thousand for thisLaptop and I am beginning to regret my purchase. I really only needed a good laptop to run Java programming , HTML and create Databases. I am really leaning towards a Lenovo business laptop now. Do not get me wrong, this computer is awesome for gaming and all. But, the battery dies fast and I am just considering spending about $3500 on building my own desktop setup.

1. Should I return the ROG?
2. Is it essentially a waste? I will not be gaming on the go.
3. Any other professionals have any ideas for a good professional laptop?

*Would like it to have good graphics and awesome processor still. Is it still even worth it to build my desktop? I did not notice a big difference in price between myself building or Ibuypower doing. Like 2 or 3 hundred dollar savings. Not significant enough

Thank you

Solution
If are not gaming on the system, yes it was way too much for a system.

On the other hand so is spending 3,500 on a desktop unless you are including several high end monitors for it also and a few 100 on a good keyboard and mouse.

Lenovo T series for about $1,000 with a solid state drive is all you need. For lower end vendors like ibuypower you don't really want to go that route because they use lower quality power supplies by default and the build quality is not very good. Higher end PC makers are good but you pay for that.
If are not gaming on the system, yes it was way too much for a system.

On the other hand so is spending 3,500 on a desktop unless you are including several high end monitors for it also and a few 100 on a good keyboard and mouse.

Lenovo T series for about $1,000 with a solid state drive is all you need. For lower end vendors like ibuypower you don't really want to go that route because they use lower quality power supplies by default and the build quality is not very good. Higher end PC makers are good but you pay for that.

Solution