having trouble viewing downloaded vidoes

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Romstar

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
no this is one of the ones that I just downloaded and couldnt get to run but I still ran another ign video which used to work on this rendering thing and it didnt work either but I only SS this one.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
ok well this one is not a true wmv, as you see gspot is telling you that the codecs for this file are not known.

lets choose a file you have viewed alot of times to be sure that first your files will play then we will get to how you got this one that just has noise.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
ok grab one of those and put it in gspot and lets get see the screen shot.

btw remember to use the very last link in imageshack not the one before last.

in otherwords use the "direct link to image" link ;)

Romstar

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
well my monitor doesnt support 1080p but i guess i just wont be able to see the whole pic :p, anyways it is downloading at 75 kbs and is going ot take 25 minutes T_T.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
lol ok mean while can you just run gspot and give me a screen shot of it after one minute of leaving it open on its own please.

Romstar

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
ok this is insane....... i just started downloading your thing and went to my desktop to try a video and they work perfectly now.......... out of nowhere?!?!?!? thanks i guess lol

Romstar

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
yup everything is 100% just out of nowhere thanks man I appreciate your help when you get nothing in return. Very generous of you and very much appreciated.